Not everyone is a fan of chocolate. For instance, my younger sister doesn’t like it, and it doesn’t matter whether you promise to write her name on the sky, she still won’t have them. (Oh wait! Her name written on the sky? Well, maybe she would change her mind?). But as for me, I am a sucker for chocolates! So, I am always trying different kinds of chocolate recipes and I have never had a “What the hell is going on here?” moment.
This Instant pot chocolate pudding cake recipe is one of the best recipes I have taken this year. You can make it in just 4 minutes! Yeah, you read that right.
It is easy to make, dairy-free, and gluten-free! Yum!
Let’s make this recipe
Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 C arrowroot
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- powdered sugar fortopping (optional)
- Place a trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in 2 cups of water. Measure the chocolate into a heatproof ramekin, andset on the trivet. Turn the Instant pot to sauté, and melt the chocolate overthe simmering water. Remove ramekin from instant pot once the chocolate ismelted.
- In a bowl, add the apple sauce, eggs and vanilla. Whisk.
- Add all dry ingredients (Salt, arrowroot, cocoa powder, powdered sugar). Mix withthe apple sauce. Pour into melted chocolate
- Grease a 6’ cake pan with butter or coconut oil. Pour in the cake batter and set the pan on the trivet above the hot water in the instant pot
- Cook on high pressurefor 4 minutes. Quick release pressure when timer goes off. Remove the cake panfrom IP and let cool 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate. Dustwith powdered sugar (optional).
The first time I tried this instant pot chocolate pudding cake, I couldn’t wait for the result. I was nervous because it contained no oil, no butter, and I thought I was only making a cake that I would end up throwing in the bin, ? but alas, it came out incredibly moist! Thanks to the applesauce.
Applesauce is an integral part of this recipe. It gives it a very smooth and moist texture. I have tried this recipe several times, sometimes I used store-bought apples and I didn’t really like it. So, from the deepest part of my heart, I say “Make your own applesauce!”
I used applesauce, water, and organic pure gluten-free cinnamon to shake things up a little. I made some, some months ago and I added a little honey, ginger & nutmeg and it had a wow taste! Feel free to leave out any natural sweeteners if you don’t want any. It’s totally up to you.
Also, arrowroot will be very useful when trying this recipe, it works like fire! Since we are staying gluten-free then it’s impossible to use all-purpose flour. Don’t worry, the arrowroot will make your chocolate pudding cake thick and fluffy.
To achieve a perfect cake, allow it to cool and set for about 6 minutes. So don’t be so quick to get a taste of your instant pot chocolate cake. Allow it to cool off, it will set more as it cools.
You can enjoy this with whipped cream or a bailey,?. Talk about a perfect night and please, add some music as you munch.
Check out more instant pot recipes
- Spoil yourself silly with this instant pot chicken broth. It is gluten-free!
- This instant pot chilli mac is delectable. I promise it will make its way to your top 3 favorite foods!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.