The only time you would catch me smiling at myself is when I am cooking a meal that ticks the following: Delicious, gluten-free, flavourful, and easy to make! When I make meals that meet all these criteria, I literally feel like I won a free ticket to travel around the world?. Now, if you have never felt this way, then I’d advise you to get ready as this instant pot chocolate chip bread recipe is going to have your mind blown.
This instant pot chocolate chip banana bread is highly nutritious. It is loaded with banana flavor, chocolate, and no refined sugar. Exactly what you signed up for!
Let’s make this recipe right away!
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/2 Cup Avocado oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Small organic bananas (Very ripe)
- 1 1/4 Cup Otto's cassava flour
- 1/4 Cup Hydrolyzed grass-fed collagen
- 1 Tbsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Organic eggs
- 1/2 Cup Stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, or Nestle's chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup or light-colored honey
- Pour a little oil over a 1 ½ at covered casserole dish and set aside
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a blender.
- Cover and blend at low speed for 20 seconds. You can continue blending until all the ingredients are well blended
- Add the chocolate chips and stir with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the greased casserole dish and cover with the glass lid.
- Pour a cup of water into your instant pot. Place the instant pot trivet inside the stainless steel pot
- Add 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot and place the Instant Pot trivet inside the stainless steel pot.
- Place the covered casserole dish inside the instant pot (On the trivet)
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid. Plug the Instant Pot. Make sure the vent on top of the lid is sealed.
- Press the manual button to switch it to high pressure. Press the "+" sign to increase the time to 60.
- Once you hear a beep, it means it is ready. Press the cancel button and unplug. Allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release for 20 minutes.
- Remove the casserole dish with an oven mitt and place it on a cooling rack. Remove the lid and test with a toothpick to make sure the center is fully cooked. If it is, then you should see moist crumbs on the toothpick. If not, return the casserole dish to Instant Pot and set it on high pressure. This time you can set it between 7 to 8 minutes and do a quick release.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 45 minutes.
The first time I tried banana bread was at a hotel during a mini-vacation. The taste was delectable and I couldn’t help placing orders for it every morning till my vacation came to an end. I had grass-fed butter splattered on the banana bread since I wanted it to be gluten-free.
After the trip, I started craving banana bread so badly. Everyone at home got tired of my “Oh my God, you should have had a taste of that banana bread” lines.
Finally, I decided to swing into action and satisfy my cravings. The result is this chocolate chip bread.
It is exactly what I bargained for; Satisfying, gluten-free with a flavourful taste that takes you beyond this planet.
Since I wanted this chocolate banana bread to be gluten-free, I used a natural sweetener instead of refined sugar, and grain-free flour.
Making this is simple, all you have to do is blend the ingredients, put them into a casserole dish, and cook in your instant pot.
This chocolate chip bread is also rich in protein as it contains grass-fed collagen.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.