Just like every other recipe I make, this Instant pot gluten-free meatball was also made with utmost care and love but there is a special feeling I have for this delectable recipe that I can’t even explain. Words fail us sometimes! 🙂
While making this meatball recipe, I just wanted to make something superb and unique. I wanted the instant pot meatball to be really flavourful, so I seasoned it with cardamom and nutmeg (I am crazy about the aroma it gives). For the meatball sauce, I used marinara sauce and cranberry juice. This gave the meatball a mind-boggling flavor that had me jamming my hands ecstatically. Moreso, as I sat at the dining, devouring the meatballs, I couldn’t help screaming wow, wow, wow!
Let’s make this recipe already!
Instant Pot Meatball
- 2 pounds Ground Beef Preferably grass-fed
- 1/2 Small Shallot Minced
- 2/3 cup Carrot Medium-sized, Grated
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 tbsp Mustard Stone-Ground
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Oregano Dried
- 1/4 cup Parsley or Basil Freshly Chopped
- 1-1/4 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 25 ounce 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Juice
- Add all the meatball ingredients into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly using your hands.
- Add the marinara sauce to the instant pot. Pour little water into the jar, shake carefully, and pour the water into the instant pot. Press "saute" (Medium heat.)
- While the sauce simmers, roll the meatballs into 1 inch balls. You can make use of an ice cream scoop. Feel free to use your hands to give them a more rounded shape.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Press “Keep Warm/Cancel”. Place each meatball in the hot sauce. Make sure the sauce covers the entire meatballs. You can use a spoon to add a little sauce to the parts of the meatballs that haven't come in contact with the sauce
- Cover the instant pot. Set the valve to "sealing". Press "manual" and set the time to 5 minutes.
- Once the instant pot beeps, it means the cooking time is complete. Press "Keep warm/cancel". Allow the pressure to release naturally for ten minutes.
- Move the valve to “venting” and release any remaining pressure.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.
Some days ago, Popo, and I was having a little mama-daughter chit-chat. Most of the time we have this beautiful talk time in the kitchen. So, Popo wanted to know my favorite kitchen equipment. I didn’t think twice before telling her I would do anything to ensure I always have an instant pot in my kitchen.
Luckily, with an instant pot, I can set up great meals in a few minutes. I mean great meals like this Instant pot gluten-free meatball!
Pro Tips for Enhancing the Meatballs Recipe
- I really like it when my sauce comes out thick. If you want a thicker sauce, simply remove the meatballs with a spoon, press “saute” and set for 5 or 10 minutes. Once you press this, the sauce will reduce.
- When the sauce gets thick, add the meatballs back in! Oh, before I forget, please don’t forget to add this magical cranberry juice to the meatball. You will love it!
Want to Make Your Gluten-Free Journey More Exciting? Check These Recommendations!
- Which Tequila Is Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Self-Rising Flour: How to Make Self-Rising Flour
- Where Can I Buy Gluten-free Lasagna Noodles
- Where Can I Buy Gluten-free Pumpkin Pie
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.