This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is made with tender, beef and served with your favorite veggies. The sauce is perfect! If you love Chinese takeout, then this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is your best bet. What more? It is gluten-free!
I used flank steak for the first time for this recipe, and the taste was out of this world. Before this, I have been using sirloin steak and it was a great experience too. Feel free to use either of the two but just promise me you will make this easy, crispy, and flavourful Mongolian beef.
Let’s make this recipe already!
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups, napa cabbage
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seed
- I start preparing my mongolian beef by working on the flank steak. I simply toss the flank steak with arrowroot powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your instant pot. Set instant pot to saute.
- Once the oil gets hot, fry the flank steak till it turns brown. You can do this in batches.
- In a bowl, add beef broth, coconut aminos, 2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, dates, fish sauce. Mix all and pour over the beef.
- Set the instant pot on high pressure. You can set for 12 minutes.
- While beef cooks, heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Once the skillet gets hot, add oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, pepper, carrots and cabbage. By now, you should perceive a nice fragrance from the veggies. However, saute until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the veggies get soft, add 1 tbsp sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside or dish in a serving bowl.
- Once the beef is ready, turn the knob to quick release.
- To serve, top with the vegetables.
The ingredients for this recipe are readily available, so, if you buy your ingredients in bulk as I do, then you may not even need to visit the store. However, your steak needs to be fresh, so you may have to visit your nearest store for that.
You can have your instant pot Mongolian beef as breakfast, or lunch but I love having mine as dinner because it brings sweet memories of my childhood days.
Let’s go down memory lane: When I was younger, Kelvin, my childhood sweetheart, and I went camping. We made Mongolian beef! Under the dark sky, with the bright stars stealing glances at us, soft music playing, we had our Mongolian beef. At that moment, nothing else mattered, not even time. We simply enjoyed each other’s company and relished every bit of the Mongolian beef.
I hope you make this fantastic recipe soon. I am rooting for you!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.