Care to wow the guests coming over this weekend? If not the guests, you can pamper yourself by making your dinner meal a little fancy! You must be thinking how. Well, include a salmon meal to your dinner menu tonight and serve yourself with a nutritious and delicious dish. Of course, I’m not talking about just any Salmon; it’s Irish salmon that makes the recipe truly delectable.
Don’t bother yourself wondering why it’s Irish salmon that makes this recipe special. I’ll go ahead and answer this question for you. You see, Irish organic salmon is lower in fat content than most farmed Atlantic salmon. The best thing about it is that it retains the flavor of farmed salmon. The texture and look of the fillet even remind you of the wild fish. That’s why Irish salmon is an excellent choice for a wide range of preparations, including smoking and curing.
Before moving on to the recipe for this Irish delicacy, let’s take a quick look at the benefits of Irish salmon.
Irish Salmon Recipe
- 4 pcs Salmon fillets (6 ounces each).
- 2 tbsp Honey.
- ¼ cup Irish whiskey.
- ¼ cup Apple Cider vinegar.
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme (chopped).
- 1½ tsp Lemon zest (grated).
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to your taste).
- The first thing you have to do is mix vinegar,honey, whiskey, lemon zest, thyme, salt, pepper, and oil. Then, pour the mixture over salmon fillets and marinate for about 1 hour if you leave it on the counter or for 4 hours if you keep it in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Remove the fillets from the marinade and place them on a rack over a roasting pan.
- Bake or grill salmon for about 10 to 12 minutes.Baste once with the marinade to keep it moist. Take it out when it turns golden and white juices begin to appear.
The Benefits of Irish Salmon
Salmon happens to be the most nutritious food around. It’s loaded with nutrients, and it may reduce risk factors for several diseases. Here are the five health benefits of consuming Irish salmon as food.
- Boosts Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Salmon is known for boosting EPA and DHA, two of the most essential long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids. These two fats are associated with a multitude of health benefits, such as lowering blood pressure, decreasing inflammation, reducing cancer risk, and enhancing the functions of cells.
- Great Source of Protein
Salmon happens to be a high protein source. If Omega-3 fats are essential for your health, protein is an equally important nutrient that is a must in our diets. According to a study, protein is responsible for performing functions like healing your body after injury, keeping your bones healthy, and making sure your muscle mass is stable as you continue to age or lose weight.
- Benefits Weight Control
If you include Irish salmon in your diet often, losing weight can become easy for you. According to research, Omega-3 fats present in salmon endorse weight loss and help you get rid of belly fat.
- Reduces the Risk of Heart Diseases
Eating Irish salmon regularly is good for the heart. This is because salmon increases the Omega-3 content in the blood. If the fatty acid balance in the body is not optimal, there is a chance you may suffer from heart disease. Thus, if you include salmon in your diet twice a week, your Omega-3 content in the blood may rise by eight to nine percent.
- Protects Brain Health
Eating salmon has proven to be excellent for enhancing your brain function. For example, in one study of people age 65 and older, consuming salmon at least twice a week was linked to a thirteen percent slower decline in memory loss due to growing age.
Now that I have created enough hype about Irish salmon’s nutritional benefits, we can discuss the Irish salmon recipe.
What Does It Take to Follow the Irish Salmon Recipe?
Okay, so this Irish salmon recipe serves four people and contains 167 calories. That means if you are a diet-conscious person, the nutritional value of this meal falls very well within the range you can consume without getting any doubts.
Irish salmon recipe is simple, easy, and very nutritional. This recipe is perfect for four servings. However, if you want to prepare the dish for more than four people, you can increase the ratio of the ingredients in the same proportion, and it shall turn out fantastic. Also, if you are on keto, baked salmon is a terrific alternative you can opt for when you have had enough grilled chicken.
Enjoy it with your family and loved ones!
If you’re interested in some more nutritious homemade salmon recipes, you can try the following as well:
- Walmart Salmon is an excellent choice for a delectable dinner. It works the best if it’s paired with a glaze or sauce of your choice.
- Looking for a diet that can boost vitamin B and Omega-3 fatty acids? Try Valerie Salmon Bertinelli‘s recipe. It’s also ideal for your skin and hair!
- If paired with a delicious side dish, Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw is a fantastic dish that is easy to prepare and store.
- If you are in search of a unique salmon recipe, then try the Walnut Salmon Recipe. Even if you’re busy at work, you can prepare this dish in a few minutes only.
- There’s nothing better than grilled salmon. It’s as perfect as dinner can be. So if you want to make your dinner special, try the Wegman Salmon Recipe today!
- You can aslo try out Baked Salmon Rolls or Apple Salmon Recipe to have more fun with Salmon. 🙂
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.