Whether it’s kids or adults, we get turned off because of the bitter, sour taste of spinach. But hey, health is wealth! It’s high time you put your culinary skills into action and enjoy your spinach with spices and herbs. The Italian spinach recipe is making a huge buzz recently so let’s make it and see how it turns out!
Italian Spinach Recipe
- 16 oz spinach
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Wash the spinach and dry it in a salad spinner
- Turn on the flame to medium-hot
- In a frying pan, add oil, garlic, red chili flakes and cook until there’s a spicy aroma and the chili flakes start bubbling
- Next, add the spinach in small batches
- Add ¼ cup of spinach into the pan and saute for about 2 minutes
- Repeat the whole process until all 16 ounces of spinach has been cooked
- Lastly, turn off the heat and add cheese, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper
- Give it a good mix and you’re good to go!
Tips for making the perfect spinach
- Use lemon juice for a tangy, citrusy flavor
- It’s best to use baby spinach instead of regular spinach
- Baby spinach has a sweet, mild taste and cooks quickly as well
- Make sure not to overcook
- To minimize the bitter taste, only cook until the spinach has wilted
- Wilted means when a vegetable becomes limp or saggy due to loss of water or heat
And we have the final product. With lemon juice and a dash of garlic, you’ll dwell into the aroma and forget what raw spinach taste like! Throw in your favorite spices and herbs and nourish your body with this superb, leafy green. It literally takes 10 minutes to prepare the Italian spinach recipe, which also means you get to close the kitchen early and binge watch your favorite show with a cuppa coffee. Sounds good?
Side Dishes With Italian Spinach
Pizzas, pasta, and lasagnas are the signature delicacies of Italian cuisine. The unique combo of ingredients coupled with perfect seasoning makes every food taste better than before. With that said, pair up these:
- The Bahama Breeze Pan Seared Salmon Pasta
- The Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon with Italian Spinach
- If you want to have a light supper, then potato pancakes with Italia Spinach would be a great idea
- Fulfill your sweet cravings with an Almond Milkshake or a Vegan Coconut Icecream
Whether it’s a potluck or a family dinner, salmon pasta with spinach makes for a wholesome meal!
More Spinach Recipes
You know it’s going to be an amazing weekend when you can have a completely vegan pizza. You guessed it right! We’re talking about the Vegan Pizza with Spinach, Olive and Silken Tofu.
Even though it’ll take some time to prepare, this vegan-friendly pizza is a five star recipe and the perfect weekend meal! For non-vegan options, go for the Chicken and Spinach Pizza recipe.
Going on a vegan diet calls for some time off the meat so how about a Barilla Spinach Lasagna? Skip the cheese and try it out to experience the goodness of spinach and lasagna sauce.
Who said you can only eat raw spinach? Pair up the Asiago Creamy Spinach with your burgers, pasta, roasted chicken, or the Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage recipe. It all comes down to whatever suits your fancy.
We all eyeball a nice, tasty appetizer at every party. Try out the Zoe’s Kitchen Spinach Roll Ups. they’re basically tortilla wraps filled with a spicy, cheesy vegetable filling. We bet you can smell it already! Another on your cooking list should be the Chicken and Spinach Manicotti recipe that’s also filled with Alfredo sauce and chicken,
Now, these were all our favorite foods with spinach. Want to try out a traditional Vietnamese dish called “Pot Pho”. It’s unique just like its name. Pot Pho is pretty popular because of the beef broth- the star of the recipe! It’s a warm meal with a mild flavor but packed with proteins and minerals.
Health Benefits Of Spinach
It’s safe to say that the benefits of spinach are pretty undermined. Spinach is the king of antioxidants! It strengthens the immune system, reduces the chances of iron deficiency, and curbs appetite. Now that’s a major plus for all the buddies willing to shed some pounds. Interestingly, spinach also positively impacts a child’s brain development and aids in proper growth.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.