Almond Tea Cake with a hot cuppa coffee is a traditional, unmatched delight! But baking is all about creativity, right? White cakes are all about delicious cream frostings topped with fruits and nuts. After all, fancy confectionery items are always in the limelight of the table. Another white cake you must add to your cookbook is the Italian Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe.
Its buttery, fluffy texture is nothing like you’ve had before. So put on your oven mittens and get down to the main recipe!
Italian Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe
For the cake
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups full fat milk
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
For the garnish
- 2 cups toasted, sliced almonds
- 3 plain biscuits of ladyfingers
- 1 cup berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or cherries)
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Take 2 10-inch round baking pans, grease them with butter and place the parchment paper
- In an electrical mixer, add the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until the sugar has completely dissolved into the butter
- Once the texture is fluffy, add in the whole eggs and beat for 30 seconds. Add one egg at a time
- Next, add in the egg yolks and beat for 1 minute
- Take a spatula and scrape down the sides of the mixer
- Add the vegetable oil and almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add sifted flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
- Whisk everything together
- Now, pour in the buttermilk
- Start beating on low speed and gradually make your way up
- Once the batter is smooth, pour it into a baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes
- Make sure to remove air bubbles before placing the trays into the oven
- Pierce with a fork to check if the batter is fully cooked. The fork must come out clean!
- Once baked, let the cakes cool down completely before placing them on the cooling rack
- Wrap the cakes in plastic cling wrap and store them in the fridge until the frosting is ready.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before frosting
For the frosting
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat the milk on medium flame
- Add the flour and whisk slowly
- Continue whisking the mixture until it turns into a thick, smooth texture
- Make sure there are no lumps
- Next, pour this flour and milk mixture onto a dinner plate and let it cool down
- Once cooled, strain the mixture to remove any air bubbles or lumps
- Take a large bowl and add butter, powdered sugar, salt, almond extract, and this flour-milk mixture
- Beat everything together at high speed for 1 minute
- The frosting is ready!
Garnishing and assembling
- Use a serrated knife and slice the cake into two pieces. Level out the topmost part if it’s bumpy
- Generously spread out the frosting on the cake, covering the edges
- Place the second cake piece on top and frost the top and sides of the cake
- Use a butter knife to get smooth edges and remove any excess cream
- Garnish with toasted almonds, biscuits, or berries
- It’s ready to serve!
How to Make the Cake Even Better
There’s a secret to getting that soft, fluffy cake. You must add the eggs one at a time and gently fold them into the batter. Adding all eggs at once will leave the batter thick and clumpy. You can also add some homemade peanut butter into your frosting.
If your cake is too dense, you’re probably adding too much flour. Spoon the flour with a measuring cup. You can replace full fat milk with almond milk. Just use the almond milk juicer and prepare it at home. Super easy and convenient!
More Almond Recipes
- To fulfill sudden sweet cravings, try out the Almond Crunch Bars
- Looking for weekend breakfast ideas? Almond Crusted french toast will save your day!
- Try out Almond horns with a hint of chocolate! The kids will love them!
- Put your baking skills into action and try out these super delish Chocolate Almond Croissants
- Remember grandma’s Almond Sweet Cream Pie? Make your own today and cherish old memories.
- Love cakes with berries? Try out the Almond Frangipane Cake or the Almond Dacquoise Cake.
Do give the Italian Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe a try. It does require some time and effort but the final product is really delicious, it’s the perfect dessert!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.