I was recently researching what’s the best method to cook salmon. While every method has its pros and cons, it’s the unanimous idea that grilled salmon tastes the best and has the best texture. You also get that crispy skin. If you’ve ever been to Seattle, you ought to have tried Jack’s Fish Spot. They serve some of the most delectable seafood dishes out there. Today, I’ll be making the Jack salmon recipe.
It’s simple yet so good, I just had to make my own version. After a few tries, here’s what I came up with…
Jack’s Salmon Recipe
- 5 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tsp mustard sauce
- 4 tsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Add the garlic and toast it on medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add the butter and cook until melted
- Remove from heat and add the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard sauce
- Mix it all until well combined
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over medium heat
- Brush the salmon with the prepared glaze
- Place it onto the grill pan skin side down
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Add more glaze and flip it over
- Cook for 1-2 more minutes and then remove it from the pan
- Brush with some more glaze for some extra zing
- Serve hot and fresh!
Since I love seafood, I am always eager to try more seafood places and experience how different people like to cook something I love so much. This also helps me in trying to recreate yummy recipes for Yogi Nutrition.
About Jack’s Fish Spot
Seattle’s infamous Jack’s fish spot is a 40-year-old seafood restaurant, located in the heart of Pike Palace market. They pride themselves in being the providers of Seattle’s most fresh and fine fish produce. Along with offering fresh fish, they also have a seafood bar that cooks up the most delicious seafood dishes. These include clams, oysters and of course fish and chips.
More Salmon Recipe Adaptations
If you enjoyed this recipe, there are more salmon recipes we (successfully) adapted. You should definitely try those too. Here are some for starters:
- Wegman’s Salmon Recipe
- Walmart Salmon Recipe
- Valerie Bertinelli Salmon Recipe
- Weight Watcher’s Salmon Patty Recipe
- William Sonoma Salmon Recipe
Why Eating More Fish Is A Good Idea
- Fish is low in fat yet high in nutrition. Meaning it is god-sent for those who are watching their weight and need to eat nutritious yet low-calorie food
- Fish contains DHA and EPA, the two important kinds of omega-3 fatty acids that serve well to protect your heart and brain, making sure you stay healthy while preventing the risk of cardiac disease and stroke
- Fish liver oil has been a known remedy for healthy skin and hair. Eating good quality fish helps maintain those golden locks and healthy skin for as long as you live.
- Research has shown that people who eat more fish are less likely to develop neuro-degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s
Healthy Eating Made Easier
If you have recently started your healthy eating journey, you will love the offerings on our website.
We have dozens of healthy recipes for you to try. These include main dishes, salads, and dressings, and also desserts. All these recipes are specially curated to make sure they’re healthy and safe for you to consume when clean-eating. We also provide the calorie count for each serving size to make things simpler.
Other than the Jack Salmon recipe and other numerous recipes, you can find a lot of interesting information on our blog. We have written a lot of articles about different kinds of diets, including vegan, keto, and paleo diets. There are articles that deal with the main issues people face while on that particular diet. Such as difficulty gaining weight, budgeting, and health-related concerns. We also answer common queries regarding a healthy eating lifestyle and pertinent solutions to those queries.
If that sounds interesting, be sure to check out other posts from our website and let us know what you think.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.