The Tale of Margarita
I’m no historian, but this concoction has some fascinating yet ambiguous versions of origin. You will be thrilled to know about how it got its name. Some assume that it was named after a Mexican drink, called The Daisy. Margarita, being the Spanish word for Daisy.
The most captivating tale is that of Santos Cruz, the head bartender at Balinese Room in Galveston, Texas. The singer Peggy Lee requested a drink similar to the one she had in Mexico, he created the Margarita and apparently named it after the Spanish version of the lady’s name.
The Shift from Cosmos to Spicy Margs
We all know about the Mexicans love for spice, don’t we? This trend started in the early 2000s, from Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant. In the first spicy margarita, the traditional orange liqueur was replaced by agave nectar and Blanco tequila was infused with habanero pepper.
Jalapeno Margarita Mixer; Health Attributes
The evolution of deriving margarita spicy gave birth to Jalapeno Margarita Mixer. This is a powerful blend of spice and tart along with a touch of sweetness. This jalapeno tincture brings the best of both worlds by taking the regular balance of tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur to another level.
- Talking about lime juice, we are taking in Vitamin C and antioxidants, so get ready to glow.
- Orange liqueur is a sweetened alcoholic beverage having an orange flavoring. Initially, it was restricted to sugary concoctions but now it is being used in desserts as well.
- Tequila is an alcoholic beverage made from the blue agave plant, it is claimed to help in digestion, yet there is no real data to support that claim.
- Jalapenos have a compound called capsaicin, which makes them spicy as well as offers enormous health benefits. Vitamins K, vitamin B, and folate are also found in jalapenos.
- Your happy hour will be a win-win as you get your cells repaired with the carotene properties of the jalapeno while having a great time out.
Popular Jalapeno Margarita Mixers and Their Availability
There are numerous options to choose from but the topmost are;
- LAVA Premium Spicy Jalapeño Margarita Mix, claims to have real jalapenos.
- Collins Jalapeno Margarita Mix has jalapeno puree, real citrus juice, and real sugar.
- Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixers say that their Jalapeno Margarita Classic Mix is just perfect for creating both simple and classic cocktails
Most of the brands are Gluten-Free & Kosher. The good news is that they are available on Amazon.com. So whenever you feel like throwing a party, all you’ve got to do is order online.
Make Your Margaritas Last Longer
The storage requirements for the Jalapeno Margarita Mixer vary, before and after opening the bottle.
Before opening, it can be kept at room temperature due to its long shelf life. It can also be stored in a cool dark place like your kitchen cabinet. An unopened mix can last for about a year in your pantry.
Once opened, it is advisable to store it in the fridge. Although, the mixer does not go bad even if kept outside, yet it tends to lose its freshness. It can last from anywhere between six to 9 months if chilled.
Always make sure to seal the bottled mixer tightly when not in use. It applies to both the ready-to-serve mix and the alcoholic mix.
Work Hard, Party Harder!
Invite your buddies over for a house party. Take out those eponymous margarita glasses and make them shine. Decorate the rim with either salt, sea salt or Tajin, or even sugar. Garnish with lime- wedges or jalapeno slices. This party will be cherished for a long.
- Serve the Jalapeno Margarita Mixer on the rocks, straight up or frozen with your favorite tequila (silver tequila or gold tequila)
- A delicious spicy margarita has just 10 calories and 0 sugar. So you won’t miss out on the calorie-conscious friends. If they still want to opt for a skinny margarita, add honey instead of sugar.
- To spice things up add muddled jalapenos with cilantro to your pitchers for a great party.
- To enjoy the mixer even better, pour out some fresh orange juice, add agave nectar, and triple sec.
Margaritas are more popular among ladies, as compared to other cocktails and hard liquor. Having said that Jalapeno Margarita Mixer is loved by everyone across the world and all pool parties are incomplete without it. It revitalizes your body and makes your evenings more happening. The sassy jalapeno margarita mix is a sensation, not just a taste!
- Mole recipe with peanut butter
- Eggs Benedict with Spinach recipe
- Hubert Keller salmon souffle recipe
- Barefoot contessa spinach pie recipe
- Almond tequila
- First Watch Kale Tonic Recipe
- Almond joy martini vodka
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.