Joe Rogan is no stranger to the world of healthy eating, being an MMA commentator he always has to be at the top of his game (not an MMA pun). His kale recipes have developed a cult-like following and his fans swear by its benefits. Rogan has created multiple Kale Shake recipes but today we’ll be discussing the Original Joe Rogan kale shake recipe.
Start your blenders!
Joe Rogan Kale Shake Recipe
- 4 large kale leaves
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 chunk ginger root, pager-sized
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- Rinse all your fresh produce thoroughly in the sink
- Place the kale leaves on the cutting board, destem it and roughly chop the leaves into pieces
- Dice up the celery stalk and add them to the blender along with the kale leaves
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into pieces, adding them to the blender jug
- Chop the ginger root, no need to be finely chopped
- Crush the garlic cloves with the knife and throw them into the blender as well
- Add the pineapple chunks in the end
- You can add half a cup of water if you prefer a thinner shake
- Fit the blender with metal blades and secure the lid
- Plug the blender into a power source and crank up the speed to medium or high
- Let the blender do its work and once the sound changes from a high pitched to low pitched whirring that's your queue to turn off the blender
- Pour the shake into a glass or tumbler, add ice and you’re good to go!
Tips for this recipe
- If you have a high-end blender like the Vitamix then you don't have to chop up the greens, the Vitamix blends it all in one go
- The shake tastes better cold, place it in the fridge before consuming, or add ice during blending
- We do not recommend storing the Joe Rogan Kale Shake as the kale adds bitterness to the drink when allowed to sit
- Joe prefers to use a Blendtec Designer 625 Blender
Your Joe Rogan Kale Shake Recipe is ready! You can have this as a nutrient-packed breakfast drink first thing after you wake up. Pour the shake into the tumbler and take it with you to the gym or on your run.
Joe Rogan’s Kale Shake Benefits
Rogan released his first Kale Shake recipe in 2012 over Twitter via a video. After that one recipe, he has gone on to release several more, all equally popular.
The shakes are packed to the brim with nutrients needed for a healthy life. Kale leaves provide Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C whilst being extremely low in calories. While antioxidants ensure healthy cardiac functioning the fiber keeps the gut healthy as well.
The Joe Rogan Kale Shake Recipe is a great way to lose weight and kick-start your healthy living lifestyle.
Who is Joe Rogan
Joe Rogan is a 54-year-old American stand-up comedian, MMA commentator, and podcast host. He started his career in August 1988 and hasn’t looked back since. He has had an insane career trajectory and has managed to delve into every aspect of his interest. His podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience is very popular among his fans, it’s where he discusses everything from celebrity gossip to conspiracy theories.
More Healthy Recipes
Life’s never complete without several cookbooks worth of recipes, but cookbooks are so 20th century! Try these recipes, all with a modern take at health and taste
- The Bobby Flay Kale is the perfect way to prepare a kale salad
- Spinach and rice make a unique combination in the Caribbean Spinach Rice Recipe
- Central Market’s Kale Cranberry Pepita Salad is an all-time-favorite
- Make creamy and flavorful spinach with the Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe
- Craving Indian food but none of the restaurants deliver? Don’t worry, just make the easy Spinach Curry Andhra at home!
- For lunch make easy Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps
- If you haven’t had enough tasty drinks try the Almond Milkshake, it is so creamy and sweet!
A bowl of Almond Crisp Cookies makes or breaks a recipe, try them! A bowl of Bison Quinoa Hash will add all the flavorful fiber to your diet.
Want to look like an MMA fighter? A recipe won’t do that but it’ll sound great when you tell your friends you’re having the Bodybuilding Salmon. Enjoy a Grilled Salmon Salad for lunch and then follow it with a Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.
Hi, It’s a fantastic drink recipe from which I’ve learned a lot. Your article has expanded my understanding, and I thank you for sharing such a thorough and informative post. Keep sharing more recipes like this!