Joey’s Peanut Butter Cookie recipe has taken the cookie world by storm! Every cookie enthusiast is baking and munching on them. They are so simple yet so delicious, a treat to make for the weekends! Bake a big batch of cookies a few days ahead and have fun later!
This is a very easy recipe with easy-to-get ingredients, so let’s make it!
Joey’s Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and butter till they are frothy
- Add peanut butter and continue to mix till smooth
- Add white and brown sugars to the cookie dough, blend well
- Once the batter has smoothened out, carefully pour the milk and vanilla while continuously whisking to avoid spillage
- Stir in the flour gradually, whisk it all into the batter making sure there are no lumps
- Lastly, add salt and baking powder to the batter
- Whisk for 5 minutes or with an electric mixer at high speed for a 2 minutes
- With a tablespoon, take out the batter and roll them into balls
- Place the cookies onto ungreased trays, 2 inches apart
- Press the tops of the cookies with a fork
- To bake the entire batter you will have to bake in 2 to 3 shifts
- Place the tray into the oven and let the cookies bake for 10 minutes
- Once the edges of the cookies start to brown, remove them from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool
- If you’re using chopped peanuts, sprinkle them over the uncooked cookies before placing them in the oven
Tips for this recipe
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks
- You can freeze the uncooked cookie dough for 1 week and bake them whenever you need to
- We recommend using homemade organic peanut butter to make this recipe
Joey’s peanut butter cookie recipe is fresh out of the oven, and they taste great! Peanut Butter Cookie recipes are more or less the same in terms of ingredients. It’s the quantity of ingredients that matters when baking, too much sugar can harden a cookie and little peanut butter can make a regular sugar cookie.
Where Did Peanut Butter Cookies Come From?
The first time peanuts in any form were used for cooking was in 1916, when an educator named George Washington Carver published a paper citing the uses of crushed peanuts.
As crushed peanuts were added into recipes, people slowly learned how to make peanut butter and cookies from it. The first-ever peanut butter cookie recipe was published in Mrs. Rorer’s New Cookbook,1902.
Munch On Joey’s Peanut Butter Cookies With These Recipes
Joey’s Peanut Butter Cookies taste great with a layer of Swiss Almond Cheese Spread, the sweetness of the cookie complements the cheesy saltiness of the spread. Dip your cookies in whipped peanut butter and enjoy the sweet and decadent combination of peanut butter.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with Joey’s Peanut Butter Cookies and a bowl of delectable Honey Butter Almond. Wash down the peanut butter cookies with a tasty beverage. A little bit of indulgence never hurt anyone, have the peanut butter cookies with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, a sweet and flavorful combination.
Give These Delectable Recipes A Go!
This is a safe place, you can say you’re a cookie monster, no one will judge. We will just find healthy sweet recipes for you, have a look at some of our popular recipes
- The Toasted Almond Cream Cake is a heavenly combination of ladyfingers, amaretti cookies, and mascarpone cream
- Make Toasted Almond Tiramisu for dessert for a fancy dinner
- Don’t just sit there and pine away for Subway’s Peanut Butter cookies, make them at home!
- Make the easy to bake and delightfully simple Crispy Almond Cookies, loved by adults and kids alike!
- The Greek Almond Cookies are a beautiful way of keep centuries-old traditions alive
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.