The weekend is arriving and I need something appealing to sip through this long weekend. It is the lavender season and there is certainly no time like the present to flaunt this beautiful looking, sweet and fresh Lavender Liqueur. Mix your Tequila with some homemade lavender syrup and squeezed Lemon Juice. Further top it with delicious Lavender dry soda and yummy your Paloma Cocktail is ready! You have your ideal, refreshing, picture-perfect summertime cocktail in your hand.
- 2 parts Tequila.
- 1 parts Grape Fruit Juice. Fresh, Squeezed
- ½ part Lavender Syrup.
- ½ part Lemon Juice.
- 3 parts Lavender Soda. Dry
- Grape Fruit Peel or Kosher Salt. For garnishing
For Simple Lavender Syrup
- 2 cups Water.
- 1 cup Syrup.
- ½ cup Culinary Lavender Buds. dried
- To make the Lavender Simple Syrup: Boil water, sugar, and Lavender for about 2minutes. Then, pour the syrup through the strainer so no food lumps are there, and keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
- To make Lavender Liqueur: Use a pitcher, add Tequila, freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice, simple Lavender Syrup, and Lime Juice. Mix well and pour over some ice.
To Juice the Grapefruit;
- Roll the fruit on the counter several times to make the Grapefruit softer and easier to squeeze. Then, half the Grapefruit; you can also use a juicer or use the tines of the fork and then nicely twist into the flesh to take out the juice.
- Top it with some DRY lavender soda and salt.
- Use Kosher Salt, dip the rims of the glass in the shallow dish of salt to give it that luxurious look.
- Garnish the drink and enjoy your weekend afternoon.
Once you have tried this beautiful-looking Lavender Liqueur, you will look forward to serving this at your next gathering. However, before you go along preparing this delightful treat, let’s check out more about it.
Paloma is a popular Mexican tequila cocktail. Some people believe that this drink is named after La Paloma (meaning The Dove); a popular song composed in the early 1860s. According to the Difford’s Guide, Don Javier Delgado Corona (the owner and bartender at La Capilla, in Mexico) introduced Paloma. However, no one knows for sure who to give credit to for this refreshing and beautiful-looking cocktail.
Paloma can be a close cousin to a Margarita. However, its base liquor is Tequila, mixed with some Grapefruit and finished with some soda for the fizz. It is sweet, salty, and bitter, just perfectly balanced, charmingly sippable, and a very refreshing tequila drink.
The Grapefruit Lavender Liqueur
I like to grow fresh Lavender in my garden which I usually use to garnish my Grapefruit Tequila. In addition, I top it up with some Himalayan Salt on the rim to give it a posh touch. A perfect drink for your bridal shower or a wedding cocktail to a sandy beach.
Pro Tip: Prepare your ingredients before making the drink. So that you can just quickly mix all the ingredients used to make Lavender Liqueur in a large pitcher and serve it with ice.
No! The extra effort behind squeezing the fresh juice gives the drink a perfect taste and color. However, bottled Grapefruit Juice will also do the job perfectly. Furthermore, if you decide to buy bottled juice, just make sure to buy the 100% sugar-free juice for the best taste.
Similarly, it is better to use fresh Lemon juice; however, if you opt for bottled Lemon juice, choose the one found in the produce section in the grocery store.
Recommendations to Serve with Lavender Liqueur
Lavender Tequila goes well with Salads, Salmon, Tacos, and Sausages, etc. Here are a few savory treats to further spice up your meals.
- Old Bay Salmon Recipe
- Paula Deen Salmon Croquette Recipe
- Paula Deen Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Domino’s Spinach and Feta Pizza Recipe
- Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- CPK Asparagus Spinach Spaghettini Recipe
- Italian Spinach Recipe
- Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.