Despite its amazing health benefits and not to forget the savory taste, Spinach is a miss for many people. However, I have to admit that Lawry’s Creamed Spinach Recipe increased my love for Spinach to the supermax level. This side dish is usually made around Christmas, as it is perfectly paired with any Beef Cuts. But you can make this whenever you are craving some creamy spinach.
This easy-to-make creamy spinach is a combination of spinach on the bed of scrumptious bacon, onions, and a perfect amount of Garlic.
Lawry’s Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 6 slice Bacon. Chopped
- 1 Onion. Finely Chopped
- ¼ cup Flour.
- Salt. To taste
- Pepper. To taste
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder.
- ¼ tsp Parsley.
- 1¾ cups Milk.
- 10 oz Frozen Spinach. Finely Chopped, and Drained
How to Make Lawry’s Creamed Spinach?
- Use a medium-sized skillet, put it on low to medium flame. Cook Bacon in some Olive Oil till they are crispy.
- Now, add Onions and cook till they are tender (golden in color) for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add Flour, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Parsley; stir the mixture properly till the blend is well.
- Now gradually add milk to the mixture, continuously stirring, so no food lumps are made. Cook on the low flame will the sauce thickens.
- Then add Spinach and cook well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Try this Yummy, Creamy Spinach and Enjoy your Meal!
Spinach is certainly one of the most beneficial leafy greens for your health as it is rich in Vitamin A, C, K, Iron, Magnesium, and other Minerals. Anti-Oxidants present in Spinach fight free radical, which reduces cancer’s risk. It enhances healthy digestion, reduces levels of stress and blood pressure in the human body. In addition, it also helps improve eyesight.
Spinach can be used and enjoyed in several ways; for example, you can blend it to make a flavorful and healthy smoothie, bake it or sauté it. It can be cooked into an epic, most scrumptious side dish or even the star of the meal, whatever way you prefer.
Mouth-Watering Spinach-Based Recipes You Must Try
- If you are craving something creamy, you must try the famous Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe or Spinach Feta Chicken Longhorn Recipe, and Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach Recipe,
- For your Nacho or Pizza dips, try Spinach Artichoke Dip, and California Pizza Kitchen Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe.
There are 116.7K Calories per 100 g of Lawry’s Creamed Spinach Recipe. They can be further broken down as;
- Fats 7.59g
- Cholesterol 13.33mg
- Sodium 210.4mg
- Potassium 177.3mg
- Carbohydrates 6.98g
- Proteins 5.03g
Pro Tips to Follow
- For ease, use frozen Spinach; however, make sure to defrost the Spinach before you chop it.
- A bundle of Spinach looks like a ton of Spinach, but it shrinks in size when cooked.
- When you need to cut the Bacon, make sure you refrigerate it and cut it with scissors when it is really cold (frozen).
- You can also use Gluten-Free Flour, and there is no difference in taste.
Can You Store Lawry’s Creamed Spinach?
Yes, you can make this a day before and refrigerate it. Take it out and re-heat it if you want so it is more convenient for you. Add a little bit of milk and warm it up in the oven.
Fun Fact: It tastes better the next day!!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.