Lawry’s Restaurant Creamed Spinach Recipe’s amazingness will take your taste buds on a fun adventure. Mainly because of the delicious ingredients that make this recipe special. This crisp, sweet, salt and aromatic treat offer a perfect balance between bacon, onions, garlic, spices, and herbs. All the ingredients are mixed together to give an additional boost to this creamy Spinach delight.
This recipe serves best with steak or beef cuts, but because of its creamy texture and mind-blowing taste, people prefer to pair it with fries, pasta, seafood, chicken, etc.
Let’s check out the recipe;
Lawry’s Restaurant Creamed Spinach
- 2 oz Spinach. Frozen
- 4 slices Bacon. Chopped
- 1 Onion. Small sized
- 4 tbsp Flour. All-purpose
- Salt. To taste
- Pepper. To taste
- 2 Garlic Cloves. Minced
- 2 cups Whole Milk. Warmed
- Add Spinach to boiling water and cook until done. Drain the spinach and keep it aside.
- Take Bacon strips and cut them into small pieces. Fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove some of the Bacon fat from the pan and then add one chopped onion for frying. Fry until the onion becomes tender. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the onion is tender, add in the bits of Bacon and cook them together for a while. Then, remove the pan from heat.
- Now, add flour, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with the remaining fat until a roux is formed. (Roux is a thick paste formed when flour is mixed with fat)
- Add the warm milk to the mixture and cook on medium/low heat until a thick sauce is made.
- Once the thick sauce is made, add in the Spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Voila! You have yourself a delicious Creamed Spinach. Serve warm.
Note: You can serve Lawry’s Restaurant Creamed Spinach with Steak, Chicken, Fries, Turkey, etc.
Though Creamed Spinach comes under comfort food, it contains ingredients with numerous health benefits such as Garlic, Onions, Bacon, etc. Yes, Bacon! You might think, how can Bacon provide you with health benefits, but it helps to improve your metabolism in the best ways possible. Let’s talk about the star ingredient of this recipe, and that is Spinach. When it comes to Spinach, no other vegetable in the world can beat the number of health benefits this green leafy vegetable can provide. Spinach is packed with all the essential nutrients one needs to grow. In addition, it’s low in calories, which means you can have Spinach as much as you like. Following are some of the health benefits of Spinach:
- Works as an immunity booster because of the number of carotenoids it contains
- Higher and increased intake of Spinach helps to support the skeletal system and prevents any bone mass issues.
- Prevents the calcification of arteries
- Is remarkably rich in vitamin C that helps to repair tissue cells and aid in the maintenance of bones, skin, and teeth
- Rich in folate, which makes Spinach a good vegetable to consume during pregnancy
- Helps with digestion
- Reduces the increase in blood sugar levels
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves vascular health and much more.
- Fat – 8.82 grams
- Cholesterol – 15.13 mg
- Sodium – 320.87 mg
- Potassium – 198.22 mg
- Carbohydrates – 12.2 grams
- Sugars – 4.56 grams
- Dietary fiber – 0.94 grams
- Protein – 6.25 grams
- Vitamin C – 1.1 mg
- Iron – 0.4 mg
- Calcium 123.5 mg
Creamed Spinach; Calories Count
- 2 ounces of Spinach -13 calories
- 4 slices of Bacon – 173 calories
- 1 small Onion – 29 calories
- 4 tbsp. Flour – 114 calories
- 2 cloves Garlic – 9 calories
- 2 cups whole Milk – 293 calories
Recommendations from the House of Spinach
- Check out another amazing Spinach Dip Velveeta Spinach Dip Recipe
- Some more Spinach based sides and appetizers; Flash Fried Spinach Recipe, Eggs Benedict with Spinach Recipe
- More bread ideas; Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip
- Or try out these amazing Spinach based Pizzas; Vegan Pizza with Spinach, Olive and Silken Tofu, Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza Recipe
I hope you liked the creamy delightfulness this cream spinach brings. Give it a try and let me know about your experience. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.