Biscotti might seem like a baking challenge, but stick with us, and we’ll teach you how to master this delicious and flavorful treat.
This refreshing biscotti recipe, slightly scented with almond and lemon, is perfect for this summer season. Ideally served along with fresh fruit, you can also devour this crumbled and layered delicacy with whipped cream or flavored mousse.
Here’s everything you need to prepare this dinner-party type dessert:
Lemon Almond Biscotti Recipe
Ingredients for Biscotti
- 6 tbsp Softened butter.
- ⅔ cup Granulated sugar.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- Lemon zest (as per required).
- 1¼ tsp Almond extract.
**3/4 teaspoons give the mildest hint of almond, but if youwant to add more almond flavor, you can use the greater amount
- 1½ tsp Baking powder.
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed).
- 2 pcs Eggs (large).
- 2 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour.
Ingredients for Glaze (optional)
- ½ cup Glazing or confectioners' sugar.
- 1½ tsp Lemon juice powder (can substitute with milk, to taste).
- 3 tsp Milk.
Here’s what you need to do to make this deliciousbiscotti:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slightly grease one large baking sheet (approx. about 18" x 13"), or line the sheet with parchment.
- Take a medium-sized bowl. And butter, salt, sugar, zest, almond extract, and baking powder and beat to a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and eggs and beat some more until the batter looks somewhat curdled.
- Switch mixture to low power and add flour; stir until smooth. The final dough should be sticky.
- Spread the dough onto the pre-prepared baking sheet and shape it like a log about 13" long, 3" wide, and 3/4" thick.
- Using a wet spatula or bowl scraper, straighten the log and smooth out the top and sides.
- Place the smoothed dough in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 to 25 minutes. Then, reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Use a spray bottle containing water at room temperature to lightly spray the entire log, thoroughly covering all sides and the top. This softens the crust and makes it easier to slice the biscotti.
- After about 5 minutes, use a serrated knife and cut the log crosswise into slices measuring half an inch. Make sure to cut evenly; otherwise, the biscotti might be thicker at the top and topple over during the second bake.
- Place the sliced biscotti on the prepared baking sheet and return it to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Bake till they feel extremely dry and begin to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a rack to cool.
To make glazed biscotti, simply combine the glazing sugarwith lemon juice powder and milk. Pour over the cooled biscotti, and you’re good to go.
Which Nutrients Does Lemon Almond Biscotti Recipe Contain?
Lemon Almond Biscotti contains 105 Kcal, 17g carbs, 3g fats, and 2g proteins.
The word biscotto comes from ‘bis’ (Latin for twice) and ‘coctum’ (baked or “Cotto,” i.e., cooked).
The modern biscotti are associated with the Tuscan region of Italy. However, this Italian cookie dates back to Roman times. Then, it was more of a convenient snack for travelers.
Sure! You can store your completely cooled and well-wrapped biscotti in the fridge for a few weeks.
And if you want to preserve it for longer, just pop it in the freezer.
Follow these tips, and you’ll have the perfect biscotti every time!
- The higher the ratio of dry ingredients to fat, the crisper your biscotti will be.
- Don’t omit the butter since it results in a much intense flavor and crumblier texture; egg-only recipes are crunchier but drier.
- Using baking powder causes the dough to rise in the oven, making your finished biscotti lighter with more open crumbs.
- Don’t cut the hot biscotti into pieces since they’ll capsize and de-shape. Instead, wait for it to cool.
Looking to satisfy your sweet cravings today? Why not try some of these recipes to please your sweet tooth!
- This Cheesecake Almond Cone is the perfect cool addition to your warm biscotti.
- Add a little texture with this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe.
- Looking to cool off on a hot day? Try this Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream Recipe.
- Drawn by the health benefits of Almond and want to include more of it in your diet? Check out these almond based desserts and snacks; Crispy Almond Cookies, Chocolate Almond Croissant Recipe, Almond Tea Cake Recipe, and our all time favorites Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.