For those feeling bored, this isn’t your typical cake.
This lemon almond pound cake is made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat! Want to add a little sunshine to your day? This recipe is what you need.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this scrumptious pound cake:
Lemon Almond Pound Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Cake:
- 1¾ cups Butter (softened and divided).
- 2 tsp Confectioners' sugar.
- 1 cup Almonds (slivered).
- 1 cup Sugar.
- 2 pcs Eggs (large at room temperature).
- ⅓ cup Sour cream.
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest (freshly grated lemons).
- 1 cup Cake flour.
- 1 tsp Baking powder.
- ¼ cup Lemon juice.
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 cup Raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries (frozen,unsweetened).
- ¼ cup Sugar.
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp Confectioners' sugar.
And now for the instructions to make your pound cake:
- First, use butter to grease the bottom and sides of a nine-inch round baking pan. Next, sprinkle and dust the pan with confectioners' sugar, place aside.
- Grind almonds and sugar using a blender/food processor till finely powdered.
- Add cream, the remaining butter, and almond mixture in a small bowl and beat until completely combined. Next, add eggs, one by one, and beat well after adding each. Next, stir in the lemon zest and sour cream. Lastly, combine the baking powder, lemon juice, and flour into the creamed homogenous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean, the cake is baked.
- Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes.
- To prepare the topping, add berries, lemon juice, and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Cook while stirring over medium-low heat for at least 10 minutes or till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Sprinkle the cake with confectioners' sugar. Pour topping on cooled cake. Serve and enjoy.
How Many Calories are there in this Lemon Almond Pound Cake?
One satisfying slice of this lemon almond pound cake contains 654 calories. Additional nutritional information includes:
- 37g fat (of which 17g is saturated fat)
- 143mg cholesterol
- 334mg sodium
- 76g carbohydrate (of which 51g are sugars, 4g is fiber)
- 9g protein
What Cuisine is Pound Cake from?
The pound cake is believed to have originated in northern Europe and dates back to the early 1700s. A pound cake recipe can be found in the first US cookbook published in 1796.
Can You Store Lemon Almond Pound Cake?
And the good news is that you can freeze this pound cake for as long as a month! Just wrap it in plastic and foil and store it in a large Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Pound cake if wrapped in plastic and placed under a cake dome can remain good for a few days.
Tips to Make the Best Lemon Almond Pound Cake
Want to make the perfect pound cake? Follow these tips for excellent results:
- Make sure you carefully butter and flour the pan. This makes it easy to remove the cake once it’s baked. Also, since this recipe is for a large cake, don’t use a smaller pan than the one specified.
- For the glaze, it can be thick or thin as per your preference. Thinner works better for this cake; once drizzled on the cake, let it flow down and then scoop it up and drizzle again. This creates a double crackly layer of glaze. A thick glaze will also make your cake sweeter.
Looking for More Almond Goodness? Try These Recipes!
If you’re an almond fan, why not try these super delicious and easy recipes and treat yourself to some rich almond goodness.
- These Cheesecake Almond Cones are to die for.
- On a diet? This Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe is the perfect healthy way to start your day.
- Want to cool off? Try this Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream Recipe.
- Drawn by the health benefits of Almond and want to include more of it in your diet? Check out these almond based desserts and snacks; Crispy Almond Cookies, Chocolate Almond Croissant Recipe, Almond Tea Cake Recipe, and our all time favorites Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.