Nowadays, detox water, detox smoothies, and detox juices are becoming a hot topic for cleansing your body. Detoxing helps in losing some extra pounds, and adds up on essential nutrient intake. This Lettuce Juice Recipe is one of the most famous juices when it comes to hydrating and detoxing your body.
You don’t need any special juicers or blenders to make this juice. You can make it easily at home. If you are just starting on your detox journey, you should definitely consider starting with this basic and easy Lettuce juice.
Lettuce Juice Recipe
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce. Chopped
- ½ cup Green Apples. Diced
- ½ cup Cucumber. Diced
- ½ Lemon. With skin on
- 4 cups Water.
Steps to prepare Lettuce Juice;
- Firstly, wash all the veggies thoroughly and then cut, chop, and dice them as per the given ingredients.
- Put them all into a juicer blender.
- Blend it for a minute or until everything turns into a smooth, liquidy concoction.
- Once blended properly, lay some cheesecloth or a thin kitchen towel over a bowl.
- Pour the concoction onto the cheesecloth or the thin kitchen towel. This would help to strain out the pulp and leave you with Juice.
- Pour the Lettuce Juice into a glass. You can add ice if you want to.
- Voila! You have yourself a refreshing drink that not only hydrates you but also gives your nutrients a boost.
Note: You can store the Lettuce Juice and consume it within two days
Nutritious Benefits of Lettuce Juice
We can say that this Juice is packed with several nutrients that your body needs for everyday processes. The fresh ingredients used in this recipe, such as the Green Apple, Lemon, and Lemon Zest, and the star ingredient of the Juice, Lettuce itself, make it a freshness bomb.
Which Lettuce to Use?
There are many types of Lettuce that you can use for this juice, but we recommend using Romaine Lettuce in particular. Romaine Lettuce is known for its exceptional nutritional benefits and the lovely savory taste it has. Following are some of the nutritional benefits of Romaine Lettuce;
- High in Vitamin C, which helps to boost your immunity and aid in strengthening your bones and teeth
- Offers good amounts of Calcium in it, which helps maintain bones, the function of nerves, muscles and prevent blood clots.
- Contains Vitamin K, which also aids in the prevention of the formation of blood clots. In addition, vitamin K, along with Calcium, works to maintain your bone structure and help to prevent fractures, and lower the risk of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A, also known as Beta Carotene is another important nutrient that Romaine Lettuce houses. It is an important antioxidant that helps to support cell growth and aids in your reproductive health. Besides this, Vitamin A is also involved in the healthy and proper functioning and maintenance of your heart, kidneys, lungs, and eyes.
- Vitamin B, also known as Folate, helps in cell division and healthy DNA and genetic material production. Therefore, the consumption of Romaine Lettuce is advised to pregnant females as it prevents several congenital disabilities such as premature birth, low birth weight, and spina bifida.
- Phosphorus too works with Calcium to help in building stronger bones and teeth.
- It helps to minimize the negative effect of sodium in your body with the help of potassium.
We could go on and on about the health benefits that Lettuce provides to our body but let’s cut to the chase and talk about the easy and delicious Lettuce Juice Recipe.
Lettuce Juice; Calories Per Serving
- 32 calories – 4 cups of Romaine Lettuce
- 29 calories – ½ cup of Green Apples
- 7 calories – ½ cup of Cucumber
- 9 calories – ½ Lemon
Lettuce Juice; Nutritional Value
- Fat – 0.2 grams
- Sodium – 17.2 mg
- Sugars – 7.6 grams
- Vitamin A – 217 microgram
- Carbohydrates – 11.3 grams
- Protein – 0.8 grams
- Vitamin C – 9.3 mg
Explore More of Healthy Juices and Vegan Delights
- Want to try natural and healthy homemade juices; Try out Almond milk recipe juicer, and Peanut Butter Banana Juice Recipe.
- Want to explore more of Lettuce recipes? Check out these; Lettuce Indian Recipe, Chili Lettuce Wrap Recipe, Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe, Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe, and California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this amazing Lettuce juice. Do let me know how you find it. Would love to hear from you. 🙂