A salad doesn’t need to have a hundred ingredients to look and taste spectacular. And that’s exactly what this Lettuce Tomato Cucumber Salad is all about!
Also called by some as the LTC salad, this simple recipe is not only delicious but combines the nutritional greatness of three salad classics: lettuce, tomato, and cucumber! LTC salads are hearty and a great way to feel energized when you’re feeling low on a hot and sunny day. They help restore the mineral and vitamin balance in your body and satiate your hunger healthily instead of filling you with excessive oil or fat.
Fun Fact: Tomatoes and cucumbers may be low in fat and calories, but they also lack protein content. So a quick and easy way to spice up the nutritional value of your LTC salad is to add some form of protein to it, such as chicken or fish.
So let’s find out how to make it!
Lettuce Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Making Lettuce Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 Green Butter Lettuce.
- 1 Continental Cucumber.
- 1 Punnet of Cocktail Tomatoes.
- Feta cheese. (optional, 500g)
- Spring onion. (optional, cut into rings)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 3 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar.
- ¼ tsp Brown Sugar.
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil.
How to Make Lettuce Tomato Cucumber Salad?
- First, thoroughly rinse and pat or spin-dry the lettuce leaves.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, blend all dressing ingredients.
- Spoon half of the dressing onto a large flat plate. Place handfuls of the lettuce leaves on top of the dressing so that the leaves aren’t excessively covered in dressing.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters. Place on top of the lettuce along with sliced cucumber.
- Sprinkle or crumble feta on the top of the salad, along with sliced spring onions.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Salads are always preferred fresh. However, you can store the leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
The dressing can be prepared and kept in the refrigerator a day in advance.
- Be sure to use fresh and sturdy vegetables.
- Always wash the vegetables thoroughly before use.
- Don’t use excessive dressing; otherwise, all the vegetables will become soggy, and the salad will lose its crunchy texture.
Here are a few more interesting recipes that will surely win your family’s heart at the dinner table!
- Our Mashed Beets Recipe and Longhorn Spinach Dip Recipe can serve as delicious sides with your meals.
- Salmon fever on the go? Try this delicious Making Tartar Sauce for Salmon Burger Recipe, Longhorn Bourbon Salmon Recipe, Mark Bittman Salmon Recipe, and Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon Recipe.
- As for appetizing desserts, try this Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe, Toasted Almond Cake Recipe, and Toasted Almond Torte Recipe.
Let us know how this LTC salad scored at your next meal in the comments! And be sure to try our recommendations!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.