If you’re looking for a recipe that takes a different take on little gem lettuce, today’s your lucky day!
We present to you this Little Gem Lettuce Salad Recipe – a great all-rounder salad that goes amazingly well with everything: poultry, fish, red meats, pasta, and even tarts!
Whether it’s a quick lunch for work, a picnic with loved ones, or a meal set to impress, this lettuce salad will surely make your day.
You can incorporate a variety of ingredients such as veggies, beans, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds, and protein sources to increase the nutritional value of your salad. By routinely switching things up, you can make your daily salad into a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins and minerals!
Little Gem Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 2 Little Gem Lettuce. Small, (120 Grams)
- 3 Lebanese Cucumbers. (300 Grams)
- 1 Red Capsicum. Medium-sized (Bell pepper) (170 grams)
- 2 Avocados. (300 grams)
- Sea salt. (to taste)
- Cracked Black pepper. (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Paprika. (to garnish)
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Avocado. Oil/Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice.
How to Make Little Gem Lettuce Salad?
- First, thoroughly wash the little gem lettuce, preferably in running water.
- Trim the lettuce and either pat it dry using a towel or spin-dry using a salad spinner. Shred the lettuce into appropriately sized pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Thoroughly rinse and trim the cucumber and cut into half-moons. Add to the bowl.
- Thoroughly rinse the capsicum (remove core and seeds) and slice into 2.5cm (1 inch) strips. Add to the bowl.
- Peel the avocados (remove pit) and slice them into large chunks. Add to the bowl.
- Pour the oil and lemon juice over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine evenly.
- Transfer to a salad bowl, and sprinkle some paprika as garnish.
A single serving of this recipe has 179 calories. Additional nutritions include;
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 17g
You can make the dressing in advance, however, the salad should be prepared afresh; Leftover salad can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
TIP: Little Gem lettuce has a good shelf-life and will stay fresh in the salad drawer of your refrigerator for at least a week. The trick is to keep it in its original packaging or store it with a moist kitchen towel in a plastic bag.
Tips for Making the Best Little Gem Lettuce Salad
- Thorough rinse and dry the little gem salad to ensure all dirt and grit are removed.
- Always buy fresh and sturdy vegetables for your salad.
- You can make the dressing a day before since it can be stored overnight in the fridge.
- You can chop the vegetables (expect the avocado since it turns brown) an hour or two ahead of serving the salad. When about to serve, simply add the dressing and sliced avocado and toss everything together.
Are you in the mood to cook up something delicious? Have a go at these exciting recipes!
- Experimenting with peanut butter? Try this House Recipe Peanut Butter, Cocoa Pebbles Peanut Butter, and Hell’s Kitchen Peanut Butter Recipe.
- In the mood for seafood? How about our Hello Fresh Salmon Recipe!
- Have some almonds handy? These recipes are perfect: Almond Toast, Almond Milk Tea, and Almond Tea.
- If you’re into a different and exciting breakfast, this IHOP Spinach and Mushroom Omelet Recipe is just what you need!
Did you try this recipe? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and be sure to recommend it to your friends if you loved it!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.