Sobriety in moderation? That is bourbon with Salmon!
From your Homecoming party to Thanksgiving dinner with family, the bourbon whiskey is the star of the show. Moreover, if you are a bourbon fan, you must be on a hunt to find smart ideas to incorporate it in any food, at any chance you get. However, nothing beats the bomb combo of Salmon and bourbon.
If you have been to the Longhorn Steakhouse, you would know that I meant bourbon in Salmon and not with Salmon. To help you recreate the restaurant style, we have the secret recipe to die for Longhorn Bourbon Salmon!
Longhorn Bourbon Salmon Recipe
- 4 tbsp Bourbon Whiskey.
- ⅔ cup Canola Oil. (or any oil you prefer).
- 2 tsp Chopped and minced Garlic Cloves. (or you can use 2/3 tsp. of powdered Garlic).
- 1 tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper.
- Morton Salt to taste. (If unavailable, use the normal table salt).
- 8 tbsp Brown Sugar.
- 1 cup Soy sauce.
- 8 Skinless Salmon Fillets.
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice.
- ½ cup Chopped Green Onions.
Here is how to make the Best Bourbon Salmon!
- Mix all the ingredients except for the oil and green onion to prepare a marinade. You can do this in a vacuum bag so that the salmon fillets are covered well in the marinade, and storage is easy.
- Marinade for 4 to 5 hours in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- Heat the grill to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and coat the grill grates with oil.
- Take the Salmon out of the bag and place the fillets on the preheated grill. Flesh side down first.
- Cook each side for 4-6 minutes or as you like.
- Transfer the cooked fillets onto serving plates, top them with a hint of lime juice and some green onions. And you are good to go!
Longhorn Bourbon Salmon; Get On a Whiskey Diet!
It can be hard to adapt to a healthier lifestyle, especially giving up on bourbon. It just makes the struggle even more complicated. Nevertheless, here is the good news, we can help you eat healthily and stay sober, yet let your taste buds relive the whiskey goodness. However, you must be bewildered that you cannot feed whiskey to your kids and you do not have the time to cook two separate meals.
However, if you are up to put a variety of dishes on your table, here is what you can try:
- If you have your vegan or weight watcher friends coming over for dinner, impress them with the Kale Salad Recipe and a Kale Bread Recipe with a Yard House Spinach Dip.
- With Salmon, you can play around with many ingredients and turn them into savory delicacies like Caribbean Salmon Balls, Salmon Patties, or Chicken of the Sea Salmon recipe.
- To end the dinner gossips on a good note, try feeding your guest these amazing desserts like Almond Cookies or Almond Bark Fudge.
Bourbon Glazed Salmon; You Are What You Eat!
Salmon has been part of cuisines for centuries because it tastes delicious and helps you stay fit. A superfood, Salmon is packed with protein and all the good carbs with low calories. While we all know, whiskey is for fun and not nutrition. It has no carbs neither protein but only 69 calories in a single shot.
However, with different ingredients, the calories of Salmon and bourbon can vary. Like in this recipe of Longhorn Bourbon Salmon, there are about 310 calories in a single serving.
Should You Store the Longhorn Bourbon Salmon?
The older the bourbon whiskey, the better it tastes. However, not when it comes to this recipe of Bourbon Salmon. You can store any food you like as long as it stays good.
Nobody would ever mind not cooking after a crazy workday because they were smart enough to make and store some extra batches over the weekend. But, the irony is that you cannot outsmart Salmon. So, it is not recommended to store cooked Bourbon Salmon because the taste will be compromised.
What you can do to save your time is to prepare and store the marinade in an airtight jar. It stays as good as fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge and a month in the freezer.
Life Gets Better With Salmon!
This recipe helps you put a deliciously healthy dish on the table that will make everyone’s taste buds dance. So next time someone praises the steak they had at a restaurant, make them eat your homemade Longhorn Bourbon Salmon so they know what they were missing.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.