Salmon is not a food; it is a way of living healthy!
Are you still drooling over the salmon steak you had at Longhorn Steakhouse? Well, so was I when I first had it. However, driving to the restaurant or ordering it whenever you feel like it is not always feasible. Moreover, it can make your budget go haywire. So, to save you time and money, I have perfected a healthier version of the Longhorn Salmon Recipe for you.
Salmon is a great food to add to your diet; for kids and adults alike. It is packed with proteins and helps you boost your immunity while satisfying your tastes buds too. However, this particular recipe has a little whiskey twist in it. Therefore, for kids, just marinate the salmon without the Bourbon. Then, it will taste equally good.
As easy as this recipe is to make, it is full of taste and health. Try it, and you will never be going back to the restaurant again.
Get your kitchen apron on; it is time to cook some Bourbon salmon-y goodness.
Longhorn Salmon Recipe
- 8 oz Salmon Fillets. skinless
- 4 tbsp Chives. chopped
- 2 cups Bourbon Whiskey.
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice.
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar.
- Salt to taste.
- A dash of freshly ground Black Pepper.
- A pinch or two of Garlic powder.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Ina bowl, mix the pineapple juice, sugar, bourbon. Stir well to dissolve the sugar while gradually adding soy sauce.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, add in the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Take a baking pan and place the clean and skinless salmon fillets in it. Pour the marinade generously over each mix. (You can poke each fillet a little so that the salmon gets juicy)
- Let the marinated fillets sit for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- After taking out the salmon from the fridge, glaze every fillet with oil.
- Place them in the grill over the stove and start frying on medium heat.
- Cook each side for7-8 minutes and keep brushing the marinade and oil, so the salmon is cooked thoroughly.
- Turn off the stove; serve hot with rice and veggies.
Longhorn Salmon- Health Served You Right
The longhorn salmon is extremely easy to make and helps you put a healthy delicacy on the dinner table. The ingredients are easily available, and the recipe does not require much effort. The addition of bourbon takes the taste to the next level and makes salmon extremely juicy; however, bourbon holds no nutritional value.
This salmon steak is a combo of sweet and savory that can be served with various side dishes. Sautéed veggies, rice, mashed potatoes, garlic, or spinach dip all make a great pair.
What Is So Tempting About the Longhorn Salmon?
Bourbon Salmon is a very popular American dish that is now a part of many culinary cuisines around the world. A glass of whiskey adds some extra glam and taste to the table on Thanksgiving. Adding it to the salmon will leave your guests in awe, creating a lasting impression of your maestro’s cooking skills.
Salmon has scientifically proven health benefits. From improving eyesight to boosting immunity, it is jam-packed with proteins and other nutrients. So even if you are watching your weight, it makes a wholesome meal for you, fulfilling your caloric requirement.
Although Bourbon has no nutritional value, it does add some extra cholesterol and taste to the salmon. You would not want to add in your kids’ meals. However, if you have a heart condition or your blood pressure fluctuates, avoid eating bourbon-rich salmon as it can increase it.
Nevertheless, the ingredients are combined, the Longhorn Salmon is a plate full of nutrients and taste. The best part is it only gets 300 calories in your body.
Can you Store Longhorn Salmon?
There is nothing better than good food waiting for you to be served. After a tiring day, I would not want to get in the hassle of cooking a dinner meal, but I do not want to eat junk or canned food either. However, an already marinated salmon fillet waiting to be grilled sounds good.
You can store the marinated salmon for 3-5 days, covered in tin foil, in the fridge. It is not a good idea to freeze it, though. In addition, if you have left overcooked salmon, it is best to finish off the next day as it will not stay good in the fridge for more than a day.
Tips to Make Juicy Salmon
- Grill or bake the salmon while covered in tin foil. So that the moisture does not escape and the fillets come out extra juicy.
- If you are using skinned salmon, the key to perfection is getting a nice crisp golden salmon on each side.
- Never leave the marinated salmon out on the countertop. It will go bad. Always refrigerate it.
For the Love of Salmon
Here are some more mouthwatering recipes for salmon that are easy to cook while hitting the right “taste bud” every time.
- Costco Stuffed Salmon
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon with a Mushroom Spinach Dip
- Mark Bittman Salmon followed by Almond Flour Madeline
- Another extravagant version of Longhorn Bourbon Salmon
With Salmon, the Day Only Gets Better!
If you are worried about your kid’s health or think you are getting on the thicker side, salmon is great to incorporate into your diet. This fail-proof, homemade Longhorn Salmon has fulfilled my cravings and helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle. Once I made this at home, I never went to the restaurant again. Take my word for it, and you will know it is worth the hype.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.