Life is much better with a slice of tofu cheesecake.
When you are vegan and have a sweet tooth, you always crave a heavenly and easy-to-make dessert. For me, I love my desserts and cakes with a citrusy hint and a creamy texture.
To satisfy my sweet tooth without gaining weight and going back to the path of an unhealthy lifestyle, I have perfected a fail-proof, flavorful low fat, and silken tofu cheesecake. Even if your oven is not working or is just too hot outside that you do not want to turn the oven on or are short on time, this can be easily adapted into a no-bake cheesecake recipe.
Silken tofu is the secret ingredient that makes this recipe gluten-free, healthy, light, and creamy that your family can enjoy over the weekend!
Low Fat Lemon and Silken Tofu Cheesecake
Ingredients for Silken Tofu Cheesecake
For the crust
- 2 Cup walnuts or cashews; measure, soaking in boiling water for 20 minutes and then grind.
- OR you can also use 2-3 cups of graham crackers; which ever you prefer.
- ¼ Cup Maple syrup (you can use honey too).
- ¼ Cup Almond milk.
For the cheesecake
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract.
- 1 Lb Silken tofu.
- ½ Cup Sugar(cane, white or brown).
- ½ tbsp Almond butter.
- ¼ tsp Almond extract.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- 1 tbsp Grated lemon zest.
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp. of lemon juice).
Here is how you can easily prepare a decadent cheesecake
For the crust
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees so that it gets nice and hot while you prep the cake.
- Take a medium bowl. Add the nuts or the graham cracker crumbs (whichever you are using), mix it with the syrup/ honey and almond milk until all come together are moistened.
- Take a pie plate, dust it with oil, and then press the mixture firmly and evenly to form a thin, uniform crust.
- Bake it for 4-5 minutes until nice and cool.
- Set it aside to cool and start preparing the filling in the meanwhile.
For the filling
- Take a blender or food processor, put in all the ingredients, and process until a nice smooth mixture is formed (about 30-40 seconds).
Time to bake and eat the cake
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Put it in the oven and then bake until the top is golden brown (it takes about 30 minutes).
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool slightly, and then refrigerate for about 2hours or until completely chilled and firm.
Lemon and Silken Tofu Cheesecake; an explosion of flavors
Bursting with flavors and nutrition, this silken tofu is extremely versatile. You can bake it in a cheesecake, take it as a pie or bake it and then slice it into separate cheesecake bars!
When you go all vegan, it becomes a real struggle to find recipes without eggs or meat. But all the vegan food lovers will go an extra mile to find one or another to find the ingredients that taste similar or even better than non-vegan stuff, giving a creamy texture to the recipe just like silken tofu!
Why should we use Silken Tofu?
Silken tofu is Japanese-style tofu with a smooth, delicate, and creamy texture; just perfect for our cheesecake. It is ideal for replacing eggs in any recipe.
You must be wondering, that tofu is so bland in taste, how can it make a delicious cheesecake that promises to satisfy your taste buds?
Well, that is the best thing about tofu, it can be turned into any dish with any kind of flavor, and it will always turn out to be great, only if you know the right recipe!
Silken tofu cheesecake; the nutritional facts!
Is cheesecake even healthy?
Next time someone asks you this, tell them that everything is not healthy but delicious with silken tofu!
The caloric stigma attached to cakes and all kinds of desserts makes one edgy when they want to eat the mouthwatering cheesy-cakey goodness, but they cannot because of the calories!
To help you eat as much you want and whenever you want, this cheesecake has been curated with silken tofu that is low in calories and saturated fats with zero cholesterol. At the same time, high in proteins, iron, and other vitamins, it contains only 100 calories.
Can you store the silken tofu cheesecake?
Nothing makes me happier than a dessert sitting in my fridge, waiting to get into my mouth!
I do not recommend freezing the cheesecake as it will kill the flavor; the best you can store it is in an airtight jar for4-5 days, and enjoy it whenever you want.
Tips to take make your low fat lemon and silken tofu cheesecake a leisurely delight:
- Chill it for more than 2 hours and let it completely set before you dig in.
- Top it with your favorite strawberry or blueberry filling, and your kids will demand a second serving!
- Use lemon zest instead of lemon to give it an enhanced zesty and citrusy flavor.
Invite your friends over this weekend!
If there is low-fat lemon and silken tofu cheesecake in the house, the whole family will be on the table together.
You and your vegan friends might be in a struggle to find a nice cheesecake restaurant to dine in, but not anymore. Try this avant-garde recipe, it will not only make your taste buds drool, but the whole house will be filled with a heavenly, zesty smell that will make your friends quite impressed with you!