This Mediterranean-crusted salmon recipe is the perfect main course for your kids and family. This recipe only takes 30 minutes to prepare, which makes it a perfect weeknight dinner. This herby-cheesy-crusty salmon is perfectly moist, aromatic, soft, and flaky, and offers a perfect combination of health and deliciousness.
Today, I will coat the salmon with a pesto-like crust consisting of oregano, basil, Parmesan, and garlic. It’s a simple and quick formula but certainly tastes heavenly.
Fun Fact: According to the American Heart Association, consuming two oily fish meals (such as salmon) every week helps improve cardiac health.
So, without further ado let’s jump on to exploring this amazing Mediterranean Crusted Salmon Recipe;
Mediterranean Crusted Salmon Recipe
Let see what its ingredients are and how to cook it?
- ⅓ cup Oregano. Fresh
- 1 tbsp Basil. Dried
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese. Grated
- 2 tbsp Almonds.
- 2 Garlic cloves. Peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp Sodium chloride.
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper. Freshly
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 Filleted Salmon.
Step by step procedure of making crusted salmon;
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix oregano, basil, cheese, nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender for 30 seconds. Now, slowly sprinkle olive oil in the mix, while the food processor is operating.
- In a roasting pan, place the fish. Coat salmon with oregano mixture and roast for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes.
- Once done, quickly remove it from the pan and serve. I recommend eating this one afresh to fully enjoy the flavor and the crunchiness of the crust.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is a good source of protein, which is necessary for maintaining bone health, avoiding muscle loss, and assisting the body in healing and rebuilding. In addition, Salmon has a high amount of astaxanthin concentration, which acts as a natural ingredient for maintaining skin suppleness, reducing skin aging, and protecting against UV rays.
Crusted Salmon Recipe; Nutritional Values
Each serving of crusted salmon recipe contains 55 calories only. The other nutrients it offers are listed below;
- 4 grams fat
- 1 gram carbs
- 4 grams protein
- No sodium.
- No carbs.
How to Store the Oregano Mixture?
Keep the mixture in an air-tight jar and put it in the refrigerator, if you want to store it for later use.
Tips to Make Mediterranean Crusted Salmon Recipe Perfect
- Adjust the heat to a medium-high setting, while frying.
- Start fying by placing salmon’s skin-side up. Cook for approximately 4 minutes on one side until golden brown.
- Turn the fish over with a spatula and continue cooking for approximately 3 minutes longer, or until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp.
More From the House of Salmon
If you are a fan of Salmon, like me, then you should definitely try these amazing Salmon treats.
- Cheddars Salmon Recipe
- Chicken of the Sea Salmon
- Trader Joe’s Salmon
- Blue Apron Salmon
- Salmon Meuniere – Breath of the Wild
- Big Green Egg Smoked Salmon
- Canned Salmon, and Grits
- Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon
- Teriyaki Smoked Salmon
Invite family and friends over for the weekend and prepare this cuisine for them. when you try this recipe, let me know of your experience in the comments section below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.