Spinach is among the most beneficial vegetables, and I love spinach due to the fact that it not only adds nutrition to your diet but also you can try numerous variations with it, and every time it surprises you. After exploring so many cooking recipes with spinach I thought about sharing something even more convenient with my peeps. Hence, today I will be sharing with you Microwave Spinach Recipe.
This microwave prepared Creamed Spinach Recipe will certainly be the easiest and quickest spinach treats you ever tried. To your surprise, this easiest of methods will provide you with the same taste as you get when making spinach in the regular way, just quicker.
So, let’s check it out.
Microwave Spinach Recipe
- 12 oz Baby Spinach.
- 1 Onion. Small, Chopped
- 1 clove Garlic. Minced
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter.
- Salt and Pepper for taste.
- ½ cup Heavy Cream.
- 1 oz Cream Cheese.
- 3 tbsp Parmesan. Grated
- Cayenne Pepper.
- pinch Nutmeg. Grated
- ½ Lemon Zest and Juice
- ⅓ cup Bread crumbs. Toasted
Steps to Prepare Creamed Spinach;
Now that you have the ingredients ready to add in when needed, let’s start with preparing the delicious Creamed Microwave Spinach Recipe. Following are the steps that you need to follow to make this:
- Get your chopped baby Spinach, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and add two tablespoons of water. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap tightly and make a small slit in the middle for the steam to pass.
- Put it in the microwave at a high temperature for about 3 minutes.
- Bring out a microwave-safe square dish and add the Onions, Garlic, Butter, Salt, and Pepper in it. Cover it with a plastic wrap tightly and make a small slit in the middle for the steam to vent out.
- Microwave this at a high temperature for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent. If not, you can keep on microwaving them in 30-minute intervals till you get the desired results.
- Once done, keep the Onions aside and grab your bowl with Spinach. Squeeze the spinach to get rid of extra water and add them to the onion dish. Add your Heavy Cream, Cream Cheese, Parmesan, Cayenne, Nutmeg, Salt, and Pepper to this dish. Mix it all and place the dish in the microwave at a high temperature for 7 minutes. Once done, the Spinach should be very hot, and the cream should've thickened a little. Add the Lemon Juice and mix. Top with toasted Bread crumbs and Lemon zest.
- Your delicious Creamed Microwave Spinach is ready in a jiffy. Now sit back, relax and enjoy
How to Store Creamed Spinach?
This delicious recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and can serve up to 4 people at a time. You can make it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container, and reheat it when it’s time to eat.
Health and Nutritious Benefits
This delicious recipe can be paired as a side with anything. Yes, you heard it right, anything. However, people usually prefer eating it with Steaks, Roasted Chicken, fries, etc.
Spinach provides your body with a number of benefits, and the best part is that it is low in calories. Spinach helps with:
- Blood pressure
- Imrproving cognition
- Eye health
- Bone health
- And is rich in Vitamin C
There is no excuse to avoid eating Spinach because it’s delicious in every way.
Pro Tips for Microwaving Spinach
When cooking Spinach in a microwave, it is important to be careful with the water you add to cook them. Only add a little water when cooking them. However, if the Spinach is wet, do not add more water; otherwise, it will become extra moist, and further will not provide the best taste and cooking results.
We are always up for trying new recipes and sharing them with you. Following is a list of recipes that you must try if you are a true foodie:
- Green Mill Spinach Dip recipe
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip
- Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe
- Buffalo Wild Wings Spinach Dip Recipe
- Greek Almond Cookie Recipe
- Honey Butter Almond Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Biscotti Recipe.
Give these recipes a try, and let me know how they turned out for you in the comment section below.