From vegetarian dishes to meat lover’s feasts, Spinach goes with everything. Due to the creativity of chefs and the variety in cooking styles, we are now able to mix different veggies, spices, and herbs to create unique, delicious, and healthy dishes. One of those dishes includes the Middle Eastern Spinach Recipe.
It is a hearty, scrumptious, flavorful, and wholesome dish made with simple ingredients. You can serve it with Chickpeas, Pitta, Meat Steak, or Chicken, whatever suits your cravings. Mentioned below are some of the Mouth-Watering dishes which can be paired up with Middle Eastern Spinach Recipe;
Let’s get to the cooking now!
Middle Eastern Spinach Recipe
- 330 gram Spinach. Drained and Chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 Onion. Finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves. Chopped
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds.
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds. Toasted preferably
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt.
- 1 Lemon.
- Salt as per your taste.
- Pepper as per your taste.
Instructions to Follow;
- Put a large-sized pan of water on medium to high flame. Let it boil.
- Boil the Spinach in the water for 2-3 minutes until slightly cooked. Take the Spinach out of the water, drain it and let it run under cold water to cool. Squeeze out the excess water and then finely chop it.
- Use a medium-sized frying pan, heat the oil. Gently put Onions in the frying pan and let them cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring, so they do not burn.
- Now add Garlic, Mustard seeds, and Cumin to the frying pan. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the drained and chopped spinach to the pan. Gradually add Yogurt until the mixture gets thick and creamy.
- Then add Cayenne, Lemon juice, Salt, and Pepper; all of these as per your taste.
- Garnish it with some chopped Walnuts for additional flavors and beauty.
Middle Eastern Spinach Recipe is ready!
- Use Frozen Spinach: I usually prefer using fresh Spinach when I have plenty of time on my hand. However, in case we want to cut down on further efforts to prepare this recipe, I recommend you use frozen Spinach as it saves a lot of preparation time. Also, you will need a lot of Spinach for this dish, so Frozen Spinach works BEST!
- Keep Extra Spinach: Usually, after being cooked, Spinach reduces its volume, so it is always good to keep extra Spinach in case you fall short on it.
Spinach is highly beneficial and nutritious for the human body; however, eating raw Spinach is not everyone’s cup of tea, especially for millennials and Gen Z.
How Many Calories Does Middle Eastern Spinach Recipe Contain?
- 20.8 g of Total Fat
- 4.73 g of Cholesterol
- 461.9 mg of Sodium
- 1976.4 mg of Potassium
- 35.57 g of Total Carbs
- 23.5 g of Proteins
- 96.6 mg of Vitamin C
- 11 mg of Iron
- 409.4 mg of Calcium
Spinach Dips are known to be very delicious as they are easy to prepare. You can pair them up with any of your favorite dishes. Here are a few amazing dips for you to try;