Miner’s Lettuce belongs to the Lettuce family and is found all across the globe. These are considered to be the best as they bring out the taste and add a bold color to the dishes. Salads following Miner’s Lettuce Recipe are loved by everyone, especially those who prefer homemade recipes.
If you are hearing about Miner’s Lettuce for the first time; it is amazingly juicy and can be used as a substitute for baby spinach.
Miner’s Lettuce Recipe
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts. Or Sesame seed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar.
- ¼ cup Chopped Basil. Fresh leaves or 2 tsp dried Basil
- 4 cups Miner’s Lettuce. Including stems and blossoms, rinsed and crisped
- Salt and Pepper. To taste
Miner’s Lettuce Recipe for Wild Green Salad
- ½ cup Green or Red Apple.
- ½ cup Cucumber.
- ¼ cup Red Onion. Sliced
- ¼ cup Radish.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos.
- Fish Sauce. Few drops
- Take a frying pan. It should be 6 to 8 inches in size and put it on the stove on low heat. Once warm, add in the pine nuts.
- Stir the nuts occasionally and cook until they turn golden brown. This should take about 3-4 minutes approximately.
- Once cooked, add in the vinegar. Take it off the heat and mix. Now, wait for it to cool and then move on to the next step.
- Bring out a wide bowl or any bowl that you want to serve the Salad in.
- Put the pine nut and pour the vinegar mixture into the bowl.
- Add in basil leaves or basil powder and Miner’s Lettuce. Mix properly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Voila! You have yourself some fresh and succulent salad.
Preparation For Wild Green Salad;
- Chop the Miner’s Lettuce and stems.
- Slice the apples, radishes and cucumber into thin slices.
- In a bowl, add the vinegar, toasted sesame seeds, pine nuts, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and olive oil. mix it all.
- Mix up fruits, and veggies in a bowl and top it with the vinegar dressing and serve.
This recipe is enough to serve 4 people and can hold about 93-205 calories, depending on the ingredients. This makes it perfect for anyone to eat without worrying about gaining weight. This recipe contains;
- Fat 77%
- Protein 2.4 to 3 grams
- Saturated fat 1.1g
- Carbohydrates 4.3 to 7 grams
- Fiber 1.8g
- Sodium 6.2mg
- Sugars 2 grams
- Vitamin A 23%
- Vitamin C 38%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 14%
Health Benefits of Miner’s Lettuce Recipe
Following are some health benefits of this recipe;
- Helps to fight Scurvy
- Acts as a great detoxifier
- Eliminates any toxins from the Liver
Pro Tips and Tricks
- Always use the Miner’s Lettuce along with its stems. It adds an extra crunch to the salad.
- Always add Vinegar and Sesame seeds as it enhances the flavor.
Mouth-Watering Recommendations for You
Other than this delicious recipe, we have these delicious, scrumptious, and mouth-watering recommendations for you;
- Healthy food options to consume: Mashed Beets. More salad options to add to your must-try list; Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad, Tavern Kale Salad, Kale Salad.
- Dips to pair with your food; Tartar sauce for Salmon Burgers, Longhorn Spinach Dip Recipe, TGIF Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- For your sweet tooth; Almond Flour Madeleine, Chinese Almond Cookies, Almond Crunch, Almond Meringue.
Do try out these recipes, and let us know how these turned out for you in the comment section below. Toodles!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.