If it were easy, we would visit Morton’s Steakhouse every day for its Creamed Spinach. However, since it is impossible, I have brought you my version of Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe.
This will serve as a perfect blend of spinach’s nutrients, and the cheesiness of mozzarella and cream. I am sure you have always loved this Morton’s specialty, and if not, try this one and you will find yourself in the love league of Morton’s creamed spinach.
Let’s check out the detailed ingredients and recipe.
Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter.
- 1 Yellow Onion. Medium Sized , Minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic. Minced
- 4 tsp Kosher salt.
- 1 tsp Black Pepper. Freshly ground
- ½ tsp Nutmeg. Freshly grated
- ¼ cup All purpose Flour.
- 3½ cups Milk and heavy Cream.
- 2¼ pounds Spinach leaves. Fresh
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- 4 oz Cream Cheese.
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese. Grated
Preparation: Now that we have all the ingredients lined up without any further delay let's get on to making this delicious and creamy, finger-licking Morton's Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe;
- Firstly take a large pot, fill it with water, put it on your stove until it boils.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water and stir it.
- Once you see that the water is starting to boil. Add the washed spinach. Stir it while it boils, just for a minute.
- Once done, drain the spinach.
- Now, rinse the spinach with cold water and squeeze out the excess water and place it in another bowl.
- As it cools, chop the spinach bundles into ¾ inch width.
- Once chopped, keep this aside and bring out a large skillet.
- In the skillet, add butter, garlic, and onions. Mix them until the butter melts.
- Now, cook until the onions are translucent. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are cooked, add salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Give them a good mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix with a wooden spoon over low heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes until you get a nutty aroma.
- Quickly add in your half and half. Stir and cook it until mixed and boiling starts.
- At this point, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
- Cook for another 6-8 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Now, add spinach and the parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Voila! You have yourself delicious creamed spinach.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your creamed spinach turns out perfect every time.
- Since this recipe requires adding ingredients abruptly, make sure you have everything lined up before you start. This helps prevent any mishaps.
- Do not cook spinach in boiling water for more than a minute; otherwise, it’ll lose its crunchiness
- Make sure you squeeze the spinach to eliminate extra water
- Cook the onions on medium heat; otherwise, you might end up overcooking them
How to Store Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe?
Storing Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach is super easy; just keep it in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator. And whenever you want to eat it, just add some milk and cheese to it to give it a fresh feel, and it will be good as new again. Oh, and delicious, of course.
I always say it and I will be happy to share it once again that spinach is the best green leafy vegetable out there that no one can hate. From spiral of health benefits that spinach provides you, as you include it in your diet. Spinach;
- Helps in lowering blood pressure
- Promotes good health of your eyes
- Promotes healthy bone structure and formation
- Is high in essential vitamins and minerals
- Increases energy levels
Creamed Spinach; Nutritional Value
One of the reasons I love this recipe is that despite being super creamy, it’s comparatively lower in calories it contains. Here is the detailed breakup of calorie count and other nutrients of the recipe;
- Calories 104.3 kcals per serving
- Fats 69g
- Carbohydrates 112g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 80g
- Calcium 2200mg
- Potassium 1104mg
- Iron 10mg
- Vitamin A 1092mg
- Vitamin C 34g
No wonder Popeye was a huge fan of Spinach. 🙂
Must-Try Spinach and Savory Delights for You
- Cream of Spinach Soup
- Cpk Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Mellow Mushroom Spinach Dip
- Meatball Soup with Spinach
- Copper River Sockeye Salmon
- Creamed Salmon Recipe
- Couscous Kale Recipe
- Chum Salmon
I am sure you loved today’s menu. Try it out and let me know how it turned out for you. I would love to hear from you in the comments section below.