While Spinach gained fame from the popular cartoon Popeye the Sailor, most people don’t know it was served as a wine. Yes! Vitamin and mineral-rich vegetables were served to soldiers fighting in World War 1 due to their high vitamin K content. Vitamin K helped thicken soldiers’ blood. The juice was mixed in wine and served to the soldiers. So while you may not mix it in wine, you can surely mix Spinach in this Mrs. Grass Spinach Dip Recipe!
Spinach offers several health benefits, including regulating blood pressure and sugar levels and enhancing eyesight. However, being a rich source of calcium and magnesium, the green leafy vegetable needs to be washed delicately to preserve its water-soluble vitamins!
So do not forget your spinach in running water. You do not want to lose vitamin K as you gather the rest of the ingredients for this Spinach Dip recipe.
So without further ado, let’s go ahead and grab the ingredients.
Mrs. Grass Spinach Dip Recipe
- 10 oz Spinach. Frosted or freshly chopped
- 1 cup Sour Cream.
- 1 Packet Mars Green Vegetable Soup. Unprepared
- 1 cup Mayonnaise.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese.
- ¼ Spring Onion. Chopped
- ½ cup Waster Chestnut. Chopped
- ½ Parmesan Cheese.
- Salt. To taste for seasoning
- Pepper. To taste for seasoning
Let’s get started;
- Rinse fresh Spinach and drain excess water. You may pat dry on a kitchen towel.
- Or, if using frozen Spinach, defrost and remove the excess water. Pat dry on a kitchen towel.
- Measure and combine all cream and liquid-based ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add Spinach to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add spring onions, water chestnut, dry mars green vegetable soup packet, and parmesan cheese. Fold the ingredients.
- Add more parmesan cheese as garnishing.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of appetizers.
Tip: You may use a hand blender for a smoother dip or a spatula to combine the ingredients well for a coarse texture. Additionally, you may steam the Spinach for a softer texture.
How Many Calories Does Spinach Dip Contain?
One serving of Spinach Dip contains 311.6 calories. Additional nutritional information includes;
- 30.4g of Fat
- 5.2g of Protein
- 5.6g of Carbs
- 1.3g of Fiber
- 43.1mg of Cholesterol
- 558.5mg of Sodium
How to Store Mrs. Grass Spinach Dip Recipe?
Keep the dip refrigerated when not consuming to preserve the taste. Try keeping the leftover dip in an air-tight container when deep-freezing. You will retain its freshness without getting the dip frosted. Additionally, you can clingwrap the dip before placing the container’s lid to keep the Spinach from going stale.
Pro Tips About Recipe
If you are running short on time and do not want to get frozen Spinach, why not make your own? You can chop the Spinach and wrap it in a kitchen towel before placing it in a zip-lock bag. This way, you ensure the processing of the vegetable while preserving it for future use. The use of instant soup combines all the ingredients and keeps them from turning runny.
This dish is best enjoyed with a side of garlic bread and tortilla chips for an added burst of flavor. If you are inclined towards a diet regime, swap any form of carbs with root vegetables such as carrots, beets, or even celery! The citrus-y flavor of celery may also balance the sour cream and cream cheese taste.
Looking for More Recipes Like Spinach Dip? Try These!
- If you’re looking to add a spin into your dip list; try Cheddars Spinach Dip Recipe, Longhorn Creamed Spinach, and Melting Pot Spinach Artichoke Fondue.
- Want to spice up the dip for a date? Let Velveeta Spinach Dip add flame to your night.
- Try the Chili Spinach Queso Dip recipe to add a Mexican twist to your dips!
- If colors are what you are striving for on a Friday night, try the Tuscan Spinach Dip Recipe and Creamed beets.
If you want to get your kids to eat their greens or impress your friends on a Friday night, this Spinach Dip will do the trick. It only takes a few minutes to prepare without standing over a hot stove; simply put on your apron and begin mixing all ingredients. This delicious Mrs. Green Spinach Dip will satisfy all your cravings and taste buds!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.