This Norwegian Smoked Salmon Recipe is sure to make you fall in love with Salmon again! Last year I went to Norway for vacation and fell in love with everything there-but one thing that I couldn’t get over was their delicious Norwegian Smoked Salmon! On my return, believe me, I kept craving for this delicious delight for quite some time, until I planned to recreate the recipe myself.
This Norwegian Smoked Salmon Recipe, to my surprise, turned out to be a bomb! The perfect flavor of Salmon and bursting deliciousness of spices makes it the best Smoked Salmon ever!
If you are a Salmon lover and always up for trying different Salmon recipes, then go for this Norwegian Smoked Salmon Recipe! Once you have tried it, I guarantee you that you will fall in love with Salmon all over again!
So without any further suspense, let’s jump to the recipe and let’s learn what ingredients and preparation method it requires!
Norwegian Smoked Salmon Recipe
Preparation Method of Norwegian Smoked Salmon;
- Set the smoker at 225°F.
- In a small bowl, add heavy cream, pepper, and salt. Mix them well.
- In another bowl, add the dry ingredients – mushrooms, orange wedge, and shallots. Mix them well.
If you like you can also saute the veggies and orange wedges.
- Now, add the cream to the veggies and combine them well.
- Now, take a tray and place the salmon fillets one by one. Now, put the butter on each fillet and spread it evenly.
- Not place the salmon fillets on the smoker and let it cook until it’s a little cooked. Make sure you cook the salmon until its interior is pink and not translucent.
- The salmon fillets will take around an hour to cook.
The tempting Norwegian Smoked Salmon is ready to be served.
Optional: You can keep the cream and veggies separate, then marinate the salmon fillets with cream only. After cooking the salmon fillets, you can add the veggies and orange wedge on top of it. It will add to the beauty of the recipe overall.
Norwegian Smoked Salmon is one of the most popular varieties in the market today. Salmon is caught from the cold waters of the fjords of Norway. The peachy-pink hue, low fats content, and concentrated smokey taste with a strong aroma sets Norwegian Smoked Salmon apart.
The texture of the salmon is silky smooth, a little oily, and has a subtle salty flavor. It falls under the category of Atlantic salmon. Due to its amazing taste and health benefits, this smoked salmon is popular and is liked by everyone!
Cuisine, Calorie Count and Nutritional Value
Originated from Eastern Europe, this smoked salmon is the right choice for health-conscious people, as it only contains 117 calories per serving. The breakup of other nutrients is given below;
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Protein: 18.3 g
- Iron: 0.85 mg
- Sodium: 672 mg
- Calcium: 11 mg
- Zinc: 0.31 mg
How to Store Smoked Salmon?
Give that it’s so simple to cook, everyone prefers fresh and hot Norwegian Smoked Salmon. But if you want to store the leftover Smoked Salmon; you can easily do it. Just wrap the leftover salmon fillets in a plastic wrap, foil, or zip lock pouch and keep it in the refrigerator. It will remain good for 2-3 days, not more than that. And, if you want to store Smoked Salmon for 2-3 weeks-just keep the Salmon fillets in an airtight box in the freezer.
- Always use fresh and skinless Salmon fillets. The fresh Salmon fillets always enhance the flavor of the dish.
- If you use small Salmon fillets, cook them for 30 minutes only, not more than that.
- You can always add more spices and vegetables to the recipe to add more flavor.
Must-Try Recipes From the House of Salmon
- Flaked Salmon Recipe
- Salmon Patty
- Irish Cooked Salmon
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
- Indian Salmon Curry Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon Recipe
- Mark Bittman Salmon Recipe
- Cheddars Salmon Recipe
Following my love for Salmon, this recipe has become my go-to salmon adventure. It is certainly a healthy addition to your recipes list. This Salmon recipe helps you put a delicious and nutrition-packed dish on the table that will make everyone fall in love with it. So next time, if you miss Norway, just cook this scrumptious recipe and recall your favorite days spent there! Do give this recipe a shot, and let me know in the comments how it turned out! Peace out!