This Olga’s Spinach Pie has to be my family’s favorite dinner Recipe. However, this dish has to be served on a special occasion as it takes time to prepare and cook. Therefore, it is usually served at Christmas to make the day extra special.
This Recipe is not just fancy and delicious but extremely healthy and nutritious. The star ingredient of this recipe“Spinach” is often known as an energy booster, rich in Vitamins, Iron, Fiber, Anti-Oxidants, and Magnesium. Meanwhile, Cheese is considered to be rich in Calcium, Proteins, and Fat.
What is Spinach Pie?
This Spinach Pie is a Savory Greek pie made with Feta Cheese, Phyllo Dough, and Spinach. To make this recipe time-efficient, you can use frozen Spinach rather than Fresh Spinach. Additionally, if you want to keep it pocket-friendly, you can use Cottage Cheese rather than Feta. The result is fast and very delicious.
So, let’s explore this delicacy-powerhouse in detail
Olga’s Spinach Pie Recipe
- 4 tbsp Olive oil. Extra Virgin
- 10 oz Spinach. Frozen, Washed, and Drained
- 2½ cup Scallions. Thin-sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic. Minced
- ½ cup Dill. Chopped
- Salt. To taste
- Ground Pepper. To taste
- 4 oz Greek Feta Cheese. Chopped, Crumbled
- 3 Eggs.
- 1 pound Ricotta Cheese.
- 10 Sheets Phyllo Dough. Thawed
- 1 pound Butter. Unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Use a medium-sized pan, heat the olive oil in the pan, and add spinach. Sauté the spinach till it gets a little soft for about 2 minutes. Spinach leaves the water, so squeeze the excess water out. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining spinach, add oil if required.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil and add scallions and garlic to the pan, sauté them for about3-4 minutes. Keep it aside till it cools down.
- Once the scallion and garlic are sauteed properly, add salt and pepper for the seasoning of the mixture. Mix them properly.
- Use a separate bowl, mix feta, ricotta, and eggs. Mix well.
- Now you must combine spinach with the cheese mixture, blend well.
- Grease the phyllo sheet dough with un-salted butter.
- Use another phyllo sheet dough and brush it with unsalted butter. Lengthwise, fold the phyllo in half. At the lower bottom of the sheet, put ½ cup of the cheese and spinach mixture. To enclose the fillings, the corner of the phyllo needs to be folded to form a triangle. Continue to fold; just make sure to maintain the triangular shape.
- Put the triangle-shaped pie on the baking sheet, brush the top with butter. Then, try and similarly make more triangles using phyllo.
- Bake them in the oven for 35-45 minutes till they are properly cooked. Set them aside on the plate till they are cool.
- While you are working with phyllo, you need to be careful as it dries out. Therefore, you need to cover the phyllo stack with 2 overlapping plastic sheets along with dampened kitchen towel. Keep the extra phyllo covered so that it does not dry out.
How Many Calories Does Olga’s Spinach Pie Recipe Contain?
There are a total of 340 calories in Olga’s Spinach Pie. If the nutrient value is broken down, it can write down as follows;
- 18 g of Total Fat
- 80 mg of Cholesterol
- 661 mg of Sodium
- 29 g of Total Carbs
- 1 g of Fiber
- 3 g of Sugars
- 16 g of Proteins
Other Spinach Delicacies You Must Try
Different Variety of Recipes
When you are cooking every day, you find it extremely hard to decide what to cook today. So here is a list of recipes that you can try and enjoy your night!
- A luxury treat for you, try the Almond Rocher and Almond Roca
- Who doesn’t love Pizza? Try the most favorite, healthy, and delicious Domino’s Spinach and Feta Pizza Recipe
- Salads that taste good and look good are just AMAZING!! Try the Dominican Beets Potato Salad and Jonathan Waxman Kale Salad Recipe
- A drink as refreshing as Joe Rogan Kale Shake
Olga’s Spinach Pie is a delicious and healthy recipe. So, Do not wait and try it out! Get the ingredients and start making this scrumptious and flavorful Pie. In case, you have already tried this recipe, let me know about your experience and why you loved making Olga’s Spinach Pie in the comments below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.