During my experience cooking different cookies, this Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe has to be one of my favorites. It attracts my attention with its crispiness and scrumptiousness every time I make it. They have a perfect salt-to-sugar balance with an amazingly soft, melt texture in your mouth. These cookies are classic for a good reason!
Peanut Butter in cookies creates a perfect and soft consistency with a very elegant and velvety crunch. These Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookies are a crowd pleaser for SURE! You can make the dough in advance for instant gratification; super easy to make!
Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup Peanut butter.
- 1 cup Sugar. Granulated
- 1 Egg. Large size
- ½ Vanilla Bean. (1 tsp. of Vanilla bean extract or paste can also be used)
- Oven to be preheated at 350 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a baking mat; non-stick silicon.
- Use a large bowl, mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Mix them well till they are properly combined.
- Roll the cookie into 1 ½ inch balls and place each of them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- For the basic/classic Peanut Butter Cookies, use a fork for the criss-cross pattern on the cookie.
- Bake the cookies until the outer layer is golden brown; it takes me around 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool, and then serve them!
Should You Chill the Dough before Baking?
No, there is no need to chill your dough before baking. However, if you want to make the dough in advance to save time, you can do that. Chilling the dough in advance will not affect the taste and texture of the cookies; they will taste just as nicely.
- I would recommend Creamy Peanut Butter, but you can also use Chunky. However, if you are using Natural Peanut Butter, just make sure it is properly mixed before adding.
- I would not recommend you to use sweetened Peanut Butter, but if you only have that in hand, just try and reduce the amount of sugar you are adding to the mixture to give it a nice salty and sugary taste.
- You can use any brand you like.
- You can also use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe; however, dark brown sugar will just give the cookies a more caramel-like flavor.
- It is preferred that you only bake the cookies till the edges start to change the color. The rest will continue baking with the internal heat left in the cookies after being pulled out of the oven.
- Let the cookies stay for a while after you take them out of the oven, as the cookies are VERY soft as soon as they are baked. Let them cool and enjoy the deliciousness.
- Remember not to throw your vanilla beans away. They are a great ingredient for making vanilla sugar, and also if you want to infuse them into creams for desserts.
- Do not forget to sterilize your knife and surface when processing so that you can avoid any kind of cross-contamination or spoilage.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week and enjoy your treats now and then.
Calorie Count and Other Nutrients
There are 160 calories per serving in this Recipe with 23g of Carbohydrates, 3g of Proteins, 7g of Fats.
Mouth-Watering Recommendations for You
- Try the ideal, easy to make and delicious McCormick Salmon Recipe, Masterbuilt Smoker Salmon Recipe, Mediterranean Crusted Salmon Recipe, and Copper River Sockeye Salmon Recipe.
- Elegant, nutritious, and beautiful looking Almond Flour Madeleine, Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses, Mariano’s Kale Smoothie Recipe, and Almond Pie
This Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe is one of the most delicious Peanut Butter Cookies I have tried making, which requires only four ingredients, very simple to make, and yeah! scrumptious. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try and let me know how you like it.