Salmon cakes, or Salmon Croquettes, have been one of the staples of the native South. You can whip up these delicious patties to replace a beef patty in a burger or serve it as an appetizer; with just a few ingredients you can treat yourself with delicious Patti Labelle Salmon Croquettes. While people use canned salmon for convenience, they often make fresh salmon and ground them to make the croquettes.
Fun Fact: Salmon, known for its omega fatty acids and mineral-rich nutrients, spawns in sweet and saltwater. Every year, adult Pacific salmon spectacularly migrate from the ocean. They go upstream toward the coastal rivers, where they spawn once before dying.
Patti Labelle Salmon Croquettes Recipe
- 1 can Pink Salmon.
- ½ cup Onion. Diced
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper. Diced
- ¾ cup Self-Raising Flour.
- 1 Egg. Large
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- ¼ tsp Pepper.
- ½ cup Cornmeal.
- ¾ cup Vegetable oil.
- Mix the salmon, onions, bell pepper, flour, egg, Worcheshire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Make medium to small-sized patties of the mixture.
- Place the cornmeal in an open container and set it aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Check the oil’s temperature until it reaches 375 F.
- Dip the patties in cornmeal one by one and gently fry them.
- Place a kitchen towel on a plate.
- Fry the patties for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the patties and place them on the kitchen towel to dry the excess oil.
- Serve with your choice of side.
Tip: Refrigerate the patties for at least 15 minutes so they bind well.
How Many Calories Are There In Salmon Croquettes?
One serving of salmon croquettes contains 180 kilocalories. Additional nutritional information includes;
- 15g of Fat
- 2g of Protein
- 11g of Carbs
- 1 g of Fiber
- 14mg of Cholesterol
- 58mg of Sodium
- 1g of Sugar
- Vitamin A 45IU
- Vitamin C 3mg
- Calcium 5mg
- Iron 0.3mg
What Cuisine is the Salmon Croquettes From?
This recipe originates from the South. Whips up in less than an hour, the Salmon croquettes make for an irresistible Superbowl Game night dinner. The recipe is best enjoyed on its own or with mashed potatoes.
Looking for Recipes Similar to the Patti Labelle Salmon Croquettes? Try These!
- Want to experiment with this recipe but with more ingredients? Try Weight Watchers Salmon Patties Recipe.
- Wegman Salmon Recipe offers an earthy taste without being much of a hassle.
- Walnuts and Salmon? Why don’t you find out how the Asian slaw flavors combine with Salmon with Walnuts Salmon With Asian Walnut Slaw Recipe
- If you are looking for a simpler, comforting meal, give Tyler Florence’s Salmon Recipe a try.
- Did I tell you that you can combine the crisp of a patty with a pan-seared salmon? No, well, Williams Sonoma Salmon Recipe does that for you.
- Teriyaki Salmon, anyone? If you’re bored with chicken, switch it up with salmon in this tantalizing Wegman’s Teriyaki Salmon Recipe.
- We have all heard of cranberry sauce turkey. So why not give salmon a similar treatment? Raspberry Salmon Recipe is low-carb while offering a luxurious experience.
- If you are tired of experimenting, then this good old Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon Recipe is just the thing for you.
How to Store Salmon Croquettes?
Wrap each croquette in parchment paper. Place these in a Ziplock bag and freeze. You can store the patties fried or raw. Raw patties can be stored for up to 1 month.
Pro Tip: You can use fresh Salmon and ground it at home. Additionally, you can add mayo and cilantro to the mixture. Self-rising flour keeps the texture light and fluffy.
Patti Labelle Salmon Croquettes are convenient and simple soul comfort food! With a melt-in-your-mouth texture on the inside and crispy from out the outside, these Salmon Croquettes are bound to leave you wanting more.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.