I spent quite some time getting you different recipes for creamed spinach from different chefs. By now, you must have understood that I take creamed spinach very seriously. So, keeping up the tradition, this time around I will be sharing with you the amazing; Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe. This recipe is sure to satisfy the cream-loving foodie in you.
Paula Deen has definitely added the x-factor to make this creamed spinach, oh so! delicious for us so that we can enjoy the Creamed Spinach with our scrumptious steaks. Today’s version is so simple that you can easily prepare it at home and enjoy the best of Paul Deen’s delights.
So, let’s get cooking!
Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 2 tbsp Butter.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil.
- 1 Onion. Medium-sized, Chopped
- 1 Garlic clove. Minced
- 2 bunch Spinach. Steamed, Chopped
- Black Pepper.
- ½ tsp Nutmeg.
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream.
- Take out a medium frying pan or a non-stick pot.
- Add in the butter and wait for it to melt completely.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the olive oil and mix.
- Now add in your chopped onion and cook them until translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and mix them.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Once done, add in your boiled, chopped spinach and cook until the spinach softens, warms up, and reduces in size.
- At this time, add in your spices. Nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Now add in your heavy cream. Cook until the liquid reduces and the cream starts to thicken up.
- Cook for about 3-4minutes to get the thick consistency.
- Voila! You've perfectly made the Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe.
Tips and Tricks
Following are a set of tips and tricks that you must follow. I’ve been stressing upon these in my recent recipes to ensure you get the perfect result every time you try any of the recipes. Let’s look into the tricks to make your dish turn out ah-mazing every time;
- Do not boil your spinach for more than a minute
- When cooking the onions, make sure to do so on low-medium heat; otherwise, you might end up burning them
- You can add bacon or any other protein you like to take your recipe up a notch. However, I prefer the classic version of the recipe.
What to Serve with Creamed Spinach?
Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe is a perfect side dish that you can serve with almost anything you like. Here are some great options for you;
- Roasted Chicken
- Wedges or Sweet Potato Fries
- Fish and Chips
- Stuffed Chicken
- And many more dishes. You can even eat it with Nachos.
How to Store Creamed Spinach?
Storing this delicious concoction is easy. Just put it in an air-tight container, and you are good to go. Another way is to store them in a glass jar with a lid. The best way to re-use leftover Creamed Spinach is to get some toasted bread and make it a spread. Wow, the taste!
When cooking a recipe, you must know the nutritional facts of it. For this purpose, I always add in the calorie intake and all the nutrients involved in the dish. This way you will know exactly what you’re eating and how much you should eat.
- Calories 184 kcals
- Fats 15.4 grams
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 181 mg
- Carbohydrates 9.7 grams
- Dietary fiber 4.2 grams
- Protein 5.5 grams
Spinach; A Nutritional Powerhouse
Consuming spinach regularly;
- Improves digestive system
- Aids in weight loss
- Keeps you hydrated
- Assists in the development of babies
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Looking for some mouth-watering appetizers? Try Kale Chips, Ina Garten Salmon Cakes, Tuscan Spinach Dip
- More side dishes for you: Ruth Chris Cream Spinach, Jamaican Spinach Patties, Microwave Spinach Recipe
- Want to try something unique? Longhorn Salmon Recipe, Mojito Salmon Recipe, Jack Salmon Recipe
I love to hear about your experiences and feedback after you’ve tried any of my recipes. So, share your feedback in the comments section below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.