During pandemic COVID-19, I get to spend more time at home and at the dinner table with family, which furthered me to try more delicacies and bring them to you. You might know that I am a huge fan of healthy and nutritious foods and following this passion of mind I tried the homemade process of making Paula Deen Salmon Patties Recipes at home.
Seafood is a staple in my home, as I believe that “you can’t eat healthy until you include fish in your diet.“ And this Paula Deen’s Salmon Pattie recipe is a great way to enjoy more seafood while staying healthy.
This is my interpretation of Paula’s recipe. I’m jazzing it up with some vegetables and sauce for extra flavor and freshness. It is undoubtedly a shortcut to healthy and quick no-prep dinners.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Paula Deen Salmon Patties Recipes
- 15 oz Canned Salmon. Well-drained
- Salt. For seasoning (To taste)
- Black Pepper. For seasoning (To taste)
- 1 Onion. Yellow, Medium (about 1 cup finely chopped)
- 2 Red Bell Pepper. Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter. Divided
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs. Preferably Panko
- 2 Eggs. Big, Lightly Beaten
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce.
- ¼ cup Parsley. Fresh, Minced
- Drain the can of cooked salmon, and add it to a big mixing bowl.
- Warm up a medium-sized pan over moderate heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter along with finely diced onion and bell pepper to the pan.
- Pan-fry for about 6-8 minutes, until golden. Then switch off the stove and allow it to cool.
- To the bowl of salmon, add the sautéed onion and pepper, a cup of panko breadcrumbs, 2 whisked eggs, 3 tablespoons of mayo, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper as per your liking. Finally, add 1/4 cup fresh parsley. Mix and form patties of roughly the same size. This recipe will make almost 13-14 patties.
- Next, heat a tablespoon of oil and butter together in a large pan over medium heat. And fry the salmon patties. Watch the pan, don’t let them burn. They should be brown and crispy. Now add the remaining oil and butter and keep cooking the salmon patties.
Notes: Serve either warm or hot, but with creamy, tangy tartar sauce.
Depending on the cuisine, fish cakes are prepared in a variety of ways.
The history of the salmon patties in North America goes back to the Great Depression. This was the beginning of the canned salmon industry. Soon canned salmon became a pantry staple in every home. At the same time, Salmon patties were introduced and marketed to prevent nutritional famine.
Can You Use Canned Salmon for This Recipe?
Salmon in canned form is high in protein, vitamin D, calcium (from the bones), and omega-3 fats. Omega-3 fats are good for your heart. They also encourage healthy brain development in infants.
The Canadian Food Guide suggests eating at least two Food Guide portions of low-mercury seafood each week, such as salmon.
Salmon in cans is a low-cost food option. So stock up next time when it’s on sale. All canned salmon varieties (pink, chum, coho, and red sockeye) are nutritious. Look for versions with less sodium.
Nutritional Value per Servings (13 to 14 servings)
- Calories – 157
- Protein – 9g
- Carbohydrates – 5g
- Sugar – 1g
- Fiber – 1g
- Fat – 11g
- Saturated Fat – 3g
- Cholesterol – 53mg
- Sodium – 175mg
- Potassium – 221mg
How to Store Paula Deen Salmon Patties Recipes?
- Cooked salmon patties should last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- For freezing them, cool the cooked patties completely. Then place them in a freezer bag or a container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Before frying, I recommend thawing the salmon patties in the refrigerator overnight.
- It is usually a good idea to use a silicone or nonstick pan when frying Salmon patties.
- If the mixture is too moist to hold the patty shape, add more bread crumbs; if it is too dry, you can add an extra tablespoon of mayo.
- Flaked Salmon Recipe
- Real Simple Salmon Recipe
- Houston’s Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Apple Bees Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Asian Salmon Burgers
- Salmon with Asian Walnut Slaw Recipe
- Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe
- Baked Salmon Rolls Recipe
Not only is this a quick and easy meal idea that everyone will enjoy, but it is also economical and incredibly nutritious! When you prepare them, you’ll realize that fish cakes are so simple to put together that even a child can do it. So grab a few cans of salmon on your next trip to the grocery store. And whip up some juicy and tender salmon patties.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.