If you are someone who’s always on the go, you will understand why people love sandwiches so much. They are easy to make, convenient to carry, and can taste anything from sweet to sour. Whether it’s a ham sandwich or a hotdog, a peanut butter sandwich or a Nutella one, there is such a great variety that you can play with. So today, we will be taking you on a journey of making this amazing Peanut Butter and Syrup Sandwich Recipe.
Peanut Butter and Syrup Sandwich Recipe
- ½ cup Peanut butter.
- ¼ cup Aunt Jemima’s Syrup.
- 2 pcs Bread.
- Take the slices of bread and put them in the toaster until they are light brown. Put them on a plate once taken out of the toaster.
- Using a butter knife, scoop out peanut butter and neatly spread it out on both slices of the bread if you are someone who loves the taste of peanut butter.
- Using a spoon or perhaps a squeeze bottle, put the syrup on top of both slices of bread where you have spread out the peanut butter.
- Join the two slices of bread together and put them on a plate. Then, take a knife and cut them diagonally to make them easier to eat.
- Your peanut butter and syrup sandwich are ready to serve and eat!
Although it does depend on the kind of bread you use and the syrup you prepare it with, it is usually believed that a single serving of Peanut Butter and Syrup Sandwich contains around 450 calories.
There is a variety of peanut butter available that are relatively lower in carbs – of which some are mentioned below;
- 365 Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
- Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter
- Teddie all Nature Peanut Butter
- Crazy Richard’s Creamy Peanut Butter
- Spread the Love NAKED Organic Peanut Butter
If you are adapting to a healthy lifestyle, you would want to substitute white bread with a healthier option. Fortunately, there is a range of options available which you can bake at home or even get off the retail shops. Here are a few options;
- Sourdough Bread
- Cauliflower Bread
- Oopsie Bread
- Ezekiel Bread
- Rye Bread
Sandwiches are generally not too hard to store. All you have to do is wrap them up in foil or a plastic/paper bag of any sort and then put it in the fridge for about a week or so. If you put it in the freezer, it can last a couple of months. Then, when you wish to eat it, all you have to do is take it out of the freezer and let it rest at room temperature or perhaps even put it in the microwave to heat it slightly so that it’s ready to go.
Peanut butter and syrup sandwiches are not exactly difficult to make, but there are a few things you can take care of if you want to make the best sandwich. The first thing that you can pay extra attention to is how fresh the bread you are using is. If it’s right out of the oven, soft and fluffy, you will notice immediately that the taste increases multifold. Similarly, if you use homemade peanut butter and syrup, that also helps enhance the overall taste of the sandwich. Moreover, preparing the sandwich fresh every time and adding surprises like bananas or jelly further for how delicious it is. Toasting the bread slightly on both sides is also a technique that people usually like, but of course, it depends on what your preference is.
Peanut butter and syrup sandwiches are not very difficult to make. Rather, it is perhaps one of the easiest snacks to prepare. There are not too many ingredients, and you do not have to worry about putting in too much or too little of something. It completely depends on what kind of sandwich you like, and you can simply take it from there.
- In summer, try Zesty flavorsome dishes Lemon Almond Pound Cake, Vegan Frozen Raspberries Yogurt Bars, & Low Fat Lemon and Silken Tofu Cheesecake
- Refreshing Silken Tofu Berry Smoothie, Almond joy drink, Bubble tea & Almond Baileys