Today’s special article is dedicated to everything you need to know about the most iconic “Pearl Oyster Mushrooms.” Pearl Oyster Mushroom also known as Tree Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus Ostreatus) is an edible mushroom, which has been adding deliciousness to multiple cuisines including Korean, Chinese, and Japanese topping up the list.
Pearl Oyster mushrooms have a subtly sweet and woodsy seafood flavor. Many people prefer the tenderness of these mushrooms over Shiitake mushrooms. The Oyster Mushrooms are mostly available in the fall season.
Versatility of Pearl Oyster Mushrooms in Recipes?
Here are a few variations you can use to add Let’s learn how to cook with Pearl Oyster Mushrooms: First,
- Sautee: Saute the oyster mushrooms in a pan or skillet. You can easily use sauteed mushrooms in recipes pasta, burgers, and sandwiches.
- Roast: You can easily roast these mushrooms in the oven and serve them with any sauce of your choice- for example, Buffalo sauce.
- Stir-Fry: Stir-fry these mushrooms with Veggies and legumes, then serve them with noodles, spaghetti or rice.
- Deep Fry: Coat the mushrooms with bread crust and then deep fry them. You can serve them with anything, or have it as it is.
Delicious Pearl Oyster Mushroom Recipe!
- 8 oz Pearl Oyster Mushrooms.
- 2 Garlic. smashed cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil.
- 1 tbsp Herbs. (oregano, thyme, basil etc.)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice.
- ½ tsp Salt.
- From each group of mushrooms, slice off the bottom stem- they will become different mushrooms.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the Olive Oil. Now, add mushrooms and smashed garlic cloves- saute them for at least 3 minutes until they become golden in color.
- Now, turn off the heat and remove the garlic clove.
- Your delicious and tempting fried Pearl Oyster Mushroom with Herbs are ready to be served!
How to Store Pearl Oyster Mushrooms?
When you buy oyster mushrooms you usually get them in a plastic container, which is tightly wrapped. Don’t leave the mushrooms in the container because mushrooms can deteriorate in a week even after storing them properly.
Mushrooms like a moist and dark environment; so it is good to keep mushrooms in the refrigerator. Keep the mushrooms on a paper towel, uncovered in the fridge; they will stay fresh for a few weeks.
How to Cut and Prepare Pearl Oyster Mushrooms?
Following are some tips and tricks which will help you to prepare oyster mushrooms easily and quickly:
- Pearl oyster mushrooms are soft, and there is no need to cut them – they can easily be torn by fingers along the gills.
- Always buy fresh oyster mushrooms, as fresh is delicate and will taste more divine when added to the dish.
- Never soak oyster mushrooms; though there is not much need to clean them if you want, just wash them gently.
- In order to use these mushrooms in soups and stews; first, slice and saute them.
- Since these mushrooms have a spongy texture, when you marinate them, the flavours get in easily.
Interesting Facts About Pearl Oyster Mushrooms!
- This oyster mushroom grows in gorgeous clusters in tulip and the tree of heaven, with several hardwood logs.
- They usually take 4-6 months to grow.
- These mushrooms are cultivated worldwide, and they are popular as delicious to eat and easy to grow mushrooms.
- The oyster mushrooms were first cultivated in Germany during World War I.
Is Pearl Oyster Mushroom Good for Health?
The oyster mushroom consists of several health benefits. These mushrooms are not only highly nutritious, but they are extremely good for the immune system, promote cardiac health, control blood sugar, and provide inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Alongside, one cup of oyster mushroom contains; 28 calories, 3g protein, 5g carbs.
- Fried Spinach Patties Recipe
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Spinach Feta Chicken Longhorn.
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Cheddars Salmon Recipe
- Flaked Salmon Recipe
- Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- Vegan Avocado Pasta.
- Almond Tea Cake
- Cherry Almond Biscotti.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.