Dinner or lunch is incomplete without a sweet dish, and among sweet dishes, there are countless options you can make. However, if you are looking for easy to make a recipe with excellent flavor, the pumpkin pie recipe is for you. It only takes one hour to bake this pie.
Pumpkin Pie with Silken Tofu Recipe
- 11 Ounces Silken tofu (Use silken tofu rather than regular tofu as it is more creamy and it has a soft consistency that makes it ideal for baking purposes)
- 1 Can Pumpkin ( in puree form)
- ¾ Cup White sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Grounded Ginger
- ¼ tsp Grounded cloves
- Pie crust (9 inches of unbaked crust)
Step by step instructions to bake the pie
- This recipe’s per serving contains 243 kcal. You can have your favorite pie at your dining table by following these easy steps.
- In every baking cuisine, the first step is preheating the baking oven. Turn on the flame of the oven at 450 degrees F or 230degrees C and let it on for 45 minutes at least before actual baking.
- Put the ingredients (mentioned above) in a blender. Make a smooth puree. There should be a lump-free mixture. Now pour the mixture in to the pan. Tap the pie crust pan twice or thrice to remove air bubbles from the cross.
- Put the pie pan in to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. This will raise the pie. After the rise, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F or175 degrees C. this will cook the pie form inside. Bake it at this temperature for about 40 minutes
- To check whether the pie is entirely done or not, insert a toothpick into the pie ( form the center) and take it out. If your toothpick comes out clean, it means it is entirely done.
- If there is some mixture on the toothpick, then bake for ten more minutes and repeat the toothpick step.
- Put it under a fan to let it cool completely. Then, serve it when it is cold from the inside also.
- Use whipping cream, put it on the top of the pie, and get the perfect look.
- It is recommended to use coconut cream as this will add flavor to your pie.
- Note: the actual baking time varies from baking oven to oven. So, it is better to check the pie before time to avoid any unpleasant incident
- Your tummy will rumble by just seeing the finished look of this dish
- If you want to astonish your guests by making any dish that, In addition, it does not involve much effort, here is your solution. Give it a try and trust me, your guest will love your cooking skills.
Pumpkin pie is an American dish that is served as a sweet dish with other main courses. People mostly love to have pumpkin pie at the time of early winter or during the fall, which is the harvest time for farmers. Most people have this dish on thanksgiving, especially in Canada and United States.
So, if this the pumpkin season, then it is time to bake a pumpkin pie, and you can add the pie by adding silken tofu in the traditional recipe.
The additional ingredient of tofu enhances the flavor of this dish and increases its nutritional value.
When we tofu in a pie, we don’t need to add eggs to it, and just tofu is enough to make the pie creamy. So, let’s have tried with this new recipe of pumpkin pie with tofu.
Healthy benefits of this pie
Before looking at the recipe, firstly, we see some of the health facts of this recipe. So, let’s see its ingredients one by one.
The main ingredient of this pie is Pumpkin, which is famous for its high nutritional value. Let see some of its benefits.
Pumpkins are an enriched source of vitamin A. It has antioxidant nutrients that provide you protection against many chronic diseases.
Moreover, pumpkins increase the immunity of your body. It has low calories so that you can have it daily in your diet. Finally, pumpkins help in protecting your eyesight. All these benefits make it an essential component of your diet.
The second main ingredient of this pie is silken tofu which is also good in nutrition value. Tofu is a rich source of amino acids, iron, calcium, manganese, phosphorous, and minerals. Above all, tofu is protein enriched thing, so adding it to your recipes makes them healthier.
There is only one issue with this recipe that is white sugar. The use of white sugar in such an amount can increase your weight and calorie intake.
With obesity, there are many other problems like diabetes, cancer, depression, and heart problems. So, one should try to avoid sugar as much as possible.
So, what is the substitute for it while baking a pumpkin pie?
Yes, there are many options available that one can use to avoid sugar. These options are:
- Maple syrup
In the case of 1 cup of white sugar, you need to have a third, fourth cup of honey or third, the fourth cup of maple syrup or two-third cup of agave or one teaspoon of stevia.
It is best to honey among all options as it is natural, and its tastes give your recipe a new boost.
I would love to hear your opinion about the recipe for Pumpkin pie with silken tofu. Do you like this recipe? And What tips you want to add to this recipe? Feel free to comment below.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.