A hot summer day or a cool evening, this is a drink that can be made and enjoyed any time of the day! Lighter than other of its counterparts, Tequila is an alcohol that can be taken even during day time. Refreshing Tequila Lemonade, a drink that puts together light alcohol and the refreshing lemon, this drink never fails to amaze me!
A delicious, two ingredients cocktail, you can twist it as per your own choice as well. With so much room for innovation, you will definitely love Refreshing Tequila Lemonade. An easier version of Margarita, this is quick to make.
Two types of Tequila can be used in Tequila Lemonade. One is unaged Tequila (Blanco). One is aged Tequila (reposado). Any of these can be used.
No sugary mixes or syrups are required. You can use homemade lemonade for the best taste, but it is not obligatory. You can use store-bought lemonade as well. Tequila is a drink that requires an age limit in most countries.
For making it age-appropriate, you also have the option to make it with white soda (Sprite) instead of Tequila.
Ingredients for a pitcher (Serves 4-5)
- 4 cups Lemonade Homemade or store brought
- 2 cups Tequila Reposado or Blanco
- 2 cups Ice
Ingredients for Single Glass (Serves 1)
- 3/4 cup Lemonade
- 1/4 cup Tequila
Pitcher (Serves 4-5)
- Add the Lemonade and the Tequila to a big bowl and give it a good mix. Now add the Ice (you can also crush the ice to give the Tequila Lemonade a slushy flavor).
Single Glass (Serves 1)
- Add Lemonade and Tequila in a shaker glass. Shake it well. Pour it in your glass add ice to it. Enjoy!
Process for Homemade Lemonade
- Mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of warm water. You can increase and decrease the quantity as per your need. You can also store this mixture in the refrigerator for later use. This can last up to a month.
Add Some Twists to Your Tequila Lemonade
Here are a few changes you can make to the original recipe. You can create a recipe that will suit your taste buds.
- Add mint to it. Crush a bit of mint in a blender and add it to your bowl or shaker glass with the other two ingredients.
- Add brown sugar or honey to your homemade lemonade instead of sugar. This will give it a healthier twist without making the syrup too sweet.
- Substitute white soda for Tequila. The process will be the same. But instead of Tequila, you can add soda if you don’t want to consume alcohol or give it to kids.
- It’s a summer treat so you can pair it with some snacks like vegetable chips etc.
- Substitutes for tequila; Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Rum.
- For the extra crisp taste or the kick, go only for unaged Tequila, Blanco.
Facts to Know
As it is an exotic drink, it is appropriate for all ages. However, for underage, you need to make it with a substitute ingredient.
Lemons are citrusy, and they help you keep hydrated. In addition, it is a great source of vitamin C.
You can use less sugar or artificial syrups to keep the drink light and healthy.
Recipes To Try
Try the Refreshing Tequila Lemonade with the following recipes. You can have them in your brunch or dinner as they will complement your food.
- Paula Deen Spinach Bacon Quiche
- Almond–Crusted French Toast
- Old Bay Salmon
- Paula Deen Salmon Croquette
- Brown Rice Spaghetti with Oregano and Olive Sauce
- Almond Chicken Butter
- Walmart Salmon
- Indian Brown Rice
A lot of options and a lot of variations are available. You can pair it with any type of food you want. This is also a drink that helps with digestion due to the lemon syrup in it. Refreshing Tequila Lemonade is a go-to drink for me; try it for yourself!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.