Have you been searching for a creamy, tasty, silky, and yet nourishing dish? This Ruth Chris cream spinach recipe is definitely a dish you shouldn’t miss.
Moreover, it is rich in everything you want for breakfast; Spiced with nutmeg, bay leaves, and yellow onions. Also, the white wine takes this recipe to the peak of flavored goodness.
Ruth Chris Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of chopped yellow onions
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 20 oz of thawed frozen spinach
- Salt and ground pepper
- Place a wide skillet over medium heat and melt butter in it.
- To the melted butter, add spinach and onions. Saute until the onions give you a translucent form and spinach releases its liquid. The entire process takes 5 to 7 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and briefly reduce.
- Add milk and bay leaf. Stir until it becomes perfectly combined.
- Allow to simmer until the mixture thickens and slightly reduces in quantity.
- Serve with desired dish.
Health Benefits of Ruth Chris Cream Spinach Recipe
Support energy levels
Spinach contains a great number of minerals. Which plays an important role in the function of red blood cells. The red blood cell is responsible to aid the transportation of oxygen around the body.
Contains protective compounds
The recipe provides polyphenol which is a protective compound. The nutrient in this recipe protects the body against cancer properties.
Support healthy bones
This recipe is rich in Vitamin K. Besides, vitamin K is a rich source of magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium. These nutrients help in the maintenance of bone health.
The dish contains chlorophyLL, phytonutrients, lutein, and zeaxanthin. More so, these phytonutrients help in the prevention of macular degeneration and cataracts.
Can I prepare this side dish before I am ready to serve?
Yes, you can prepare this recipe before you are ready to consume it. To keep it fresh, place the dish in a tight container and place it in a refrigerator. Whenever you are ready to consume, bring it out and reheat it in a microwave.
If you do not want to use a microwave, you can also heat up the dish on a stovetop but ensure it is done over low heat and is stirred often.
Tips to consider when making a dish with spinach
- The stems of baby spinach leaves are usually very tender and there might be no need to chop them. Also, if you are making use of standard spinach, chop them coarsely to remove difficult stems.
- If you are using frozen spinach, ensure to squeeze out excess water before adding it to your recipe.
- Nutmeg is a beautiful pair with spinach. Moreover, freshly grated nutmeg is even a more perfect option.
These easy spinach recipes will make your day
- This Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. Also, it takes just 10 minutes to get it ready!
- The presence of spinach in this Chinese noodles recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
- A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is nutritious and pocket-friendly.
- This Cheddars spinach dip recipe is one-of-a-kind and is perfected after several trials.
- How about a Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe? Yummy!
- You will love this Lawry’s creamed spinach recipe.
- Try this Cheddar Santa Fe’s spinach dip recipe