Silken tofu is greatly known for its smoothness and creamy texture. It goes very well with all types of dressings and – especially dressing with greens. You can add this one to your favorite foods like dips and sauces. It makes the food smooth and creamy, plus it’s a great substitute for all dairy products. It’s different from regular tofu, and it’s not possible to cook it with stir-fried or regular-shaped meals. Any meal can be made perfect with this one, and you can choose your way to indulge it in your food.
Silken Tofu with Cauliflower Recipe
Silken Tofu and cauliflower soup ingredients
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 Large leeks (trimmed and sliced).
- 1 Onion(chopped).
- 3 Garlic cloves (sliced).
- 1 Cauliflower(chopped).
- 1 Liter Vegetable/chicken stock.
- 600 g Silken tofu.
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds.
- 1 tsp Sea salt.
- 1 tsp Pepper.
- Chili powder to garnish.
- Extra cauliflower florets to serve.
- 1 Cup Parsley leaves.
- 1 Cup Marjoram leaves.
- ½ Cup Basil leaves.
- ½ Cup Spinach leaves.
- 3 Spring onions (chopped).
- 2 lemons, zest plus 4 tbsp. juice
- 80 ml Extra virgin olive oil.
- 30 g Pistachio nuts.
- 1 tbsp Sea salt.
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- First of all, to prepare the herb sauce put all the ingredients into a blender and process until finely chopped. If more consistency is required, add a little more water, oil, or lemon as per your taste.
- Now heat the frying pan and put oil in it, add the leek, onion, and garlic, cook and stir fry for 10 minutes until softened.
- Now add cauliflower and stock in it and bring a boil. Let it simmer for 10-20 minutes until cauliflower softens.
- Now add tofu, salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Now let it cool for a few minutes and process it with a stick for smooth blending. Now when the texture is smooth, reheat it and serve it.
- For garnishing, heat the frypan and add one tbsp. Of extra virgin olive oil and add extra little cauliflower florets in it. Cook them until they are a little brown and softens but have that little crunch texture. Now sprinkle it with some chili powder on it for taste.
- You an serve the hot soup with cauliflower florets on it.
Many people who eat healthy – especially people on a diet – know how healthy and tasty it can be while mixing the silken tofu with veggies, especially cauliflower. There are thousands of recipes to make silken tofu with cauliflower, but you always have a choice to make it in your way because a perfect only way doesn’t exist. So keep experimenting with your food so that you can know what you like and who knows you might create something so good that it becomes a very interesting and famous little recipe for others too, who would give you blessings for doing that.
How many calories are there in Silken Tofu and Cauliflower?
One block of (100g) tofu contains 76 Kcal, 4.8 g fat, 1.9 g carbohydrates, and 7 mg sodium. A great substitute for dairy products with even lesser calories in them and even greater in taste too.
If we talk about cauliflower, one flower of (100 g) contains 25 Kcal, 0.3 g total fat, 30 mg sodium, 5 g total carbohydrates, and 1.9 g protein.
Tofu is a plant-based protein source and best known as an alternative for meat. Both of these ingredients are high in protein and enriched with magnesium and carbohydrates. You can choose your way to create your meal out of these two, which must be fulfilling and provides you everything you need under one roof. You can cook them separately or together as per your liking and taste, and both will work out fine in either way.
Origin of Silken Tofu and Cauliflower
Silken tofu was first started to be made in China, Anhui. However, it is said to be accidentally created during Han Dynasty 2000 years ago. At the same time, cauliflower is said to be originated on the island of Cyprus and has massive production in Asian countries.
Both these ingredients are highly healthy, and you can make them either separately or together. Both taste well and a perfect dish if you are also on a healthy diet lifestyle.
Time Required to Cook Silken Tofu with Cauliflower
The average time requires to cook silken tofu is a maximum of 3 minutes, and if you are using it for dressing, it will hardly take a minute. On the other hand, Cauliflower takes more time; it takes 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how you cook and prepare it for your meal. Even if you boil it, it will take 10 to 12 minutes, and it will be ready. There are numerous ways to cook both ingredients together, but whatever the way will be, it will take only 15 to 20 minutes at maximum.
There are numerous recipes, and here I’m sharing the only one that is personally my favorite, and it requires less time than usual ways. This one is healthy, easy to make and fulfilling too, plus it’s a soup so it can be taken in lunch or dinner both.
This cauliflower soup is really easy to make and can be served with other dishes too during lunch or dinner. This soup serves at least 8 persons simultaneously, and it is not just very tasty but fulfilling too. You can even make it for yourself or for your loved one who loves soup in all conditions and weather. You can add herbs and ingredients accordingly to your taste. The healthier and creamy options are right in your hands, and you can even start experimenting with these recipes today. Choose your healthy lifestyle with taste and good food.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.