Craving something with Indian spices? Let’s try the famous Spinach Curry Andhra Recipe, and this quick stir fry Spinach curry will certainly fulfill your cravings. This dish is perfect for your meals, either lunch or dinner. It serves 3-4 people depending on the appetite of a person.
Spinach Curry Andhra Recipe
- 1 cup Spinach, washed and chopped.
- 1 pc Onion, chopped.
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped.
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder.
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania).
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (Jeera).
- Salt, to taste.
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced.
- 2 pcs Curry leaves.
- To make the best Adhara style Spinach Curry, choose a deep pan/karahai and put some Oil in it. Then add some Cumin Seeds and Curry Leaves and let the leaves cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add Garlic and cook it for a few seconds until Garlic has a tantalizing aroma.
- Next, add the chopped Onions. Sauté them till they are golden. As the Onions get soft and golden, the chopped Garlic and Spinach are to be added. Stir well, and then wait till the Spinach is well cooked- soft.
- Once the Spinach is cooked, add red Chili powder, Coriander powder, Salt, Cumin powder. Mix everything and cover the pan for 6-8 minutes till the spices are cooked properly.
- Turn off the pan and serve it with hot Rice.
Spinach Curry Andhra Style
We should be careful about what we eat and how it affects our bodies. For example, spinach serves as a rich iron source, which is essential for your health.
Health and food combined; Here is a Spinach delight!
How Many Calories are in Spinach Curry Andhra Style?
Spinach Curry contains approx. 130 calories depending on the spices used. It includes 7.9g of total fat, 0.4g of cholesterol, 732.5mg of sodium, 1,158mg of potassium, 11.6 g of carbohydrates, and 6.3g of protein. Listed below is the subdivision of calories according to the ingredients;
- ½ tbsp. of Oil- 60 Calories
- ½ bunch of Spinach- 39 Calories
- ¼ Paprika- 2 Calories
- 2 cloves of Garlic- 3 Calories
- 1 Onion- 4 Calories
- ¼ tsp Ginger- 2 Calories
- 0.25 grams of Turmeric- 1 Calorie
- ¼ tsp of Salt- 0 Calories
You can store Spinach in raw form as soon as you bring it from the market. To prolong the freshness, wash the spinach, dry it, pull out all the bad leaves from the bunch and keep it in a plastic container or resealable bag. Use wet paper towels to lay over Spinach. Second, refrigerate the sealed Spinach and use it for up to 2 weeks.
However, if the Spinach is cooked, make sure you store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it. If the cooked Spinach is stored properly, it will last 3-5 days.
Tips for Making Spinach Curry Andhra Style More Scrumptious
- For any Indian food, tadka/tampering as the last step is like soul to food. It just makes the whole dish not only taste better but also look better.
- Serve it with Vegetable Rice for enhanced flavors.
- Make sure the spices are cooked properly; they give a better taste and smell when cooked properly.
A food lover is always looking for some new and delicious recipes. Recipes that fulfill their love for food, As they say, good food is a good mood, so to keep yourself and others happy, and you must try out some of these recipes mentioned below;
- Easiest to make Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter
- For the keto lovers-low carb and calories Dutch Lettuce Recipe
- Healthy yet delicious, fulfilling your cravings with Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza
- The famous Indian food, try this Indian Salmon Curry
- Be sweet and eat sweet, the delicious Cheesecake Almond Cone
- Perfect for your savory taste buds Walmart Salmon Recipe
- High in fiber along with carbohydrates, Brown rice vs. Oatmeal
- Made your noodles, be your boss and try Brown Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- It’s tea time, honey!! Try our famous Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe
Mac and cheese, everyday-all day. The best recipe with Almond milk, Mac and Cheese