Dal, also known as “Lentil,” is a very popular dish among Indian subcontinent cuisine, and multiple dishes could be made out of it. However, our top pick in Dal’s special is Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style. This recipe is not only delicious but is inclined with a lot of health benefits.
Spinach Dal, known as Palak Dal in the Indian subcontinent, is perfect for people who want a filling dish with a minimum calories count and enormous health benefits.
If you are searching for something that is soupy, light to eat and digest, and something that strengthens your body and fulfills your soul, then this Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style is the perfect choice!
Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style
- Pressure Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 1 cup Arhar dal, also known as turdal.
- 2 pcs Green chilies, each slit into two pieces.
- 1 pc Finely chopped onion.
- 2 inch Ginger, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder,also known as Haldi.
- 3 pinches Salt.
- 2½ cups Water.
- 1½ cup Finely chopped spinach (palak).
- In a pressure cooker, cook spinach, add two tablespoons of water, and a pinch of salt. Cook the spinach until 1 whistle.
- After cooking the spinach, open the cooker, as it will release the pressure. This technique will give the spinach a rich dark green color.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, then add onion, ginger, and green chilies and saute them. Once the vegetables become soft, add turmeric powder, 2 cups of water, and 2 pinches of salt.
- Add the cooked Spinach in the cooked dal in the pressure cooker, and now add salt as per your taste preference.
- Bring them to a brisk boil and then turn off the heat.
- In a large serving bowl, transfer the Spinach Dal.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan at medium heat.
- Add mustardseeds, cumin seeds, and urad dal in the pan and wait for them to turn goldenbrown.
- Now, addthe curry leaves, chilies,and garlic cloves to the pan and wait for aminute or two to cook.
- Now, the Tarka is ready, pour it over the dal inthe serving bowl.
- Now, your Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style is ready to serve. You can also add coriander leaves on the top of the Dal to make it more presentable.
What to Serve with Spinach Dal?
As per the Indian tradition Dal is served best with rice, and here are a few amazingly delicious and healthy rice and recipes that you can try;
- Indian Brown Rice
- Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta
- Ramen Brown Rice
- Brown Rice Noodles With Peanut Sauce
- Spaghetti With Oregano And Olive Sauce
Besides, pickles, crackers, and peri bites are the most loved sides served with Dal.
Nutrition Facts about Spinach Dal
The nutritional Spinach Dal provides as followed:
- Calories: A bowl of Spinach Dal consists of 237 calories
- Fat: 8.8g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Potassium: 653mg
- Sodium: 326mg
How to Store Spinach Dal?
You can easily store the Spinach Dal in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Just simply transfer the Dal in an airtight box and tightly close it or wrap the bowl of Spinach Dal with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator; it will help keep it fresh and save it from turning stale. For the long term, you can store the Spinach Dal in the freezer.
Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style – A Delicious Dish for You
If you are looking to try out some new variations to customary Dal, then go for this Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style; it will serve you right! This tempting Spinach Dal is a perfect and nutritious addition to the list of your healthy and favorite recipes.
Recommendation of Some Delicious Spinach Oriented Recipes
- Fan of Spinach? Try out Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza, Flash Fried Spinach, Egg Benedict Spinach Recipe, and our most favorite Spinach Pasta.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.