With Spinach and Chicken, Eat Healthy, Not Less!
It is not difficult to cook a meal; the challenging part is to decide what to cook daily, especially when you have a family with kids where one wants Almond-Crusted French Toast and the other wants Baked Salmon Roll for dinner; two poles apart.
However, there is one meal that all the family might agree upon; yes, you guess that right it is the fettuccine pasta! To incorporate all the ingredients where the veggies lovers and meat lovers have their cravings satisfied in a single bowl, we have perfected the best spinach feta chicken sausage fettuccine recipe for you!
Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage Recipe
- 5 tbsp Heaped homemade or store-bought pasta sauce.
- 4 oz Penne or fettuccine pasta (you can use any available).
- 4 oz Boiled and chopped baby spinach.
- 6 oz Feta chicken sausage (completely cooked).
- 2 pcs Small crushed garlic cloves.
- ½ tbsp Rosemary (fresh and chopped).
- 1 tbsp Butter or olive oil.
- ¼ cup Chopped tomatoes.
- ¼ cup Chopped onions.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded).
- ½ cup Shredded mozzarella or feta cheese.
- Cook the pasta as per the instruction on the package, drain and set aside (at this point, you can spray a little cooking oil on the fettuccine pasta to prevent them from sticking together).
- Take a large skillet, heat the butter or olive oil (whichever you are using), and add chopped garlic and onions, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the already cooked feta chicken sausages and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Toss in the rosemary, tomatoes, fettuccine, spinach, and cheeses. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the pasta sauce, mix well, simmer for a minute and serve hot!
Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage Fettuccine; Health and Taste in a Bowl!
Chicken sausages are a versatile ingredient used in any dish; toss them on your salad or add in the cheesy omelet. They will never fail to impress you! In addition, when you are looking for weight-friendly, healthy alternatives, you can always add fibrous veggie-like spinach to your meal.
An extremely popular Italian cuisine, fettuccine pasta is delicious, but pairing it with spinach and chicken sausages can make it more flavorful and nutritious. There are many other Alfredo Recipes, each better than the other.
Apart from pasta, spinach, and feta, chicken makes some other great cuisines too!
- For a desi delight, you can try the fail-proof Afghan Spinach Recipe
- To make your kids happy over dinner, try our scrumptious Chicken Spinach Pizza
- Almond Cookies make a great dessert and a tea time snack after you are done with your pasta
Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage Pasta- Nutritional Benefits
Health requires healthy food!
Rich in protein, this recipe contains higher amounts of minerals and vitamins such as potassium, sodium, fiber, vitamin A and C. However, adding too much cheese or cream can increase the cholesterol level. Hence controlling the ingredients is important for a better nutritional value.
Calories in a single serving are 120 kCal.
What can you Pair With Your Spinach Feta Chicken?
Spinach and feta chicken pasta is a wholesome meal and very fulfilling that usually requires no side dishes. However, it never hurts to go a little fancy with your meals; good food is a good mood!
How to Store??
I would love to have a bowl of ready-to-eat pasta sitting in my fridge every time, so instead of cooking from scratch, all I have to do is warm it up. However, the stale spinach can make me question it.
Pasta can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days and in the freezer for a month; even the chicken sausage in it will survive, but the spinach might not. Hence, storing spinach feta chicken sausage fettuccine pasta may not be a good choice; eat it fresh to enjoy every bite.
Time to Dig In!
With pasta, the only thing going wrong is not cooking a bigger serving!
There are a gazillion recipes sprinkled over the internet. Still, when it comes to putting health above taste and taste above health, nothing beats our spinach feta chicken sausage fettuccine recipe!