Bring the steakhouse to your home with this delectable and mouthwatering recipe. The flavor palate is well balanced with a spoonful of chili paste bringing tangy heat to succulent steaks. This steak and kale recipe will elevate your cooking skills, it’s a people pleaser and you will find yourself cooking again!
Chop Chop! Let’s get to work!
Seared Steaks and Garlic Kale with Cheesy Roasted Potatoes
- 2 steaks, cut of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch kale
- 1.5 tsp calabrian chilli paste
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 0.7 oz grana padano cheese, grated
- 3/4 lb golden potatoes
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Properly slice the steak against the grain to ensure it stays tender and looks pretty too, set aside
- Remove kale leaves from the head and de-stem them with your hands
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, place a rack at the center
- Rinse your produce properly
- On a cutting board, cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise
- Then cut the halves crosswise into ½ inch pieces, set aside
- Roughly chop the de-stemmed kale leaves
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the potatoes on it
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil over it
- Give potatoes a gentle toss so they are evenly coated
- Place the tray in the oven and let the potatoes bake for 20 minutes
- When the potatoes are tender on applying a fork or browned, remove them from the oven
- Top the roasted potatoes with grated cheese and put the tray in the oven again
- Let it all roast for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has completely melted, remove from oven
- Meanwhile, pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and place them on a flat surface
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium pan over medium to high heat
- Add the steaks and cook for about 10 minutes
- Cook to your desired degree of doneness, a well-done steak will require longer to cook
- When the steak is cooked, remove it from the flame and place it on a cutting board, let the steaks rest. Keep any leftover bits of the frond in the pan
- As your steaks cool, in a bowl add the softened butter and Calabrian Chili paste to your requirement
- With a fork, mash together the butter and paste
- Add minced garlic to the reserved frond pan, add oil if needed
- Season with salt and pepper and cook at medium-high heat
- Constantly stir the mixture for a minute till thoroughly cooked
- Continue to stir as you add the chopped kale, let the kale wilt
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice, season to taste
- Sliced the rested steaks sling the grain lines
- Serve the steaks with garlic kale and cheesy potatoes, top the steaks with chili paste
- Garnish with herbs and lemon wedges
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for this recipe
- Remember to tenderize the meat before cooking
- You can store these components in a separate airtight container and store for 3 to 4 days
- You can use the chili paste on other dishes as well, it works great with Pho
- You can double the garlic kale and eat it as a salad
Voila! A succulent steak with garlicky kale to cut the spiciness of the chili paste. All the components on your plate work together to throw a wide range of flavors. Enjoy!
If you’re a fan of garlic-infused kale, try the Whole Foods Garlicky Kale recipe. Brown Rice Spaghetti with Oregano and Olive sauce will add the necessary ingredients to your steak. For healthier-carb options try the Spinach Artichoke Bread Ring Dip. Add Rice Crackers for more texture, and if you’re looking for color and fruitiness make the California Quinoa Salad! For a steak and soup with noodles, try the Vegan Noodle Soup with Silken Tofu Recipe.
You can never have enough healthy recipe ideas, try these:
- The Wild White King Salmon for fresh fish
- Try the saucy Wegman’s Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- This recipe has star power, Valerie Bertinelli’s Salmon
- Want vegan alternatives? Try Vegan Pizza with Spinach!
- The Almond Flan makes a tasty dessert
- True North Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters are salty and sweet
Rest assured that this steak and kale recipe is sure to fill you up and satisfy your taste buds. So, give it a try at home and let us know how it turned out!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.