IKEA’s almond cake is quite a popular dessert at their restaurant. I always end up getting the Swedish almond cake instead of the items I originally had to get when making a trip to IKEA. The thing is, I love to bake so I had to know how to make this. So, after some research I gathered all the ingredients and got started! Let’s make the Swedish almond cake IKEA recipe together!
Swedish Almond Cake IKEA Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 50 grams almond flour
- 70 grams granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, or lemon juice
For the golden cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar, granulated
- 1 tbsp dry milk powder
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp salted butter
For the garnish
- 1/2 cup almond flakes, toasted
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Line 2, 6 inches round baking pans with parchment paper
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites, place them in separate bowls
- Place egg whites into a larger bowl and with a stand mixer, start whisking
- As the egg whites start to foam up, add the cream of tartar
- Slowly add sugar into the egg mixture
- Continue to whip until stiff peaks form
- Add the almond flour and gently fold it with a spatula
- The flour should be evenly incorporated at this point
- Divide the mixture into equal halves and pour into the lined baking pans
- Place the pans into the oven and let them bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Insert a knife into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean that means the cake is baked
- Remove the pans from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack
For the golden cream
- Blend the egg yolks, salt, vanilla, milk powder, chocolate (if using), and sugar till smooth custardy consistency is achieved
- In a small saucepan, warm up the whipping cream over medium heat
- Pour the warmed cream back into the custard bowl and continue to whisk
- Transfer this entire mixture back into the saucepan and heat over medium flame
- Mix it all well till the mixture begins to thicken
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter into the saucepan and stiff well
- Place the cream mixture in the fridge and let it chill overnight or at least 6 hours
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk lightly
- Slice the almond cakes into top and bottom halves
- Spread ¼ cup of whipped golden cream over one cake
- Add another cake layer to the cake and cream
- Spread a generous layer of cream to the top layer, ensuring the edges are covered
- Sprinkle toasted almond flakes
- Repeat the same steps with the second cake
- Chill the cake in the freezer
- Serve chilled
Notes for this recipe
- You can slice the Swedish Almond Cake into portions and store it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer
- Whenever you need to serve the cake just take it out of the freezer and plate it up, no need to defrost
Your creamy and delectable IKEA Swedish Almond Cake is ready! Whenever you’re craving an IKEA restaurant item, whip this up and enjoy!
The Swedish Almond Cake is very similar to a Jaconde Sponge Cake, which is routinely used in Opera Cakes.
Side Dishes to Enjoy the Cake With
The Swedish IKEA Almond Cake tastes spectacular with a hot cup of coffee, add an Almond Joy Coffee Creamer to make your hot drink irresistible! Enjoy a slice of Almond Cake while munching on Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters.
An afternoon snack with Swedish Almond Cake and Peanut Butter and Jelly Graham Cracker Sandwich sounds very appetizing. Silken Tofu and Chocolate Mousse Pie with Almond Cake make a wonderful pair of desserts. While we’re still talking about desserts, the Yoder’s Peanut Butter Pie will also go well with Swedish Almond Cake.
While the IKEA Swedish Almond Cake is a delectable dessert, try these almond-based recipes too!
- The delicious Almond Baileys is an Irish Liqueur
- Try South Asian Cuisines finest desserts the Almond Burfi
- Crispy and mouth watering Almond Cinnamon Cookies are a must-try
- For breakfast have an Almond Croissant Puff Pastry with a tall latte
- Check out this Gluten-Free Hamantaschen Recipe with Almond Flour
- For more almond-based recipes have a look through our Almond Archives
- Learn how to make Gluten-Free Self Rising Flour
If you make the Swedish Almond Cake IKEA recipe at home, do let us know how it turned out!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.