I love a good pound cake, it’s sweet, dense, and moist. The Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake copycat recipe mix is my all-time favorite, but it can be a bit expensive. So I decided to make my own version of the Almond Pound Cake from scratch. The recipe is pretty straightforward and requires a handful of ingredients.
Let’s start baking!
Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 2.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk, full fat
- 1.25 cup sugar, granulated
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
For the glaze
- 3 tbsp milk, full fat
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9 by 5-inch pan with oil, set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar with a hand or stand mixer
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one by one, mix them till fully incorporated
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mix at low speed
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to remove and batter sticking to the edges
- Add half of the milk and continue to mix
- Add the rest of the flour mixture and milk, blending till smooth
- Scrape the edges one more time and add the almond extract
- Mix at high speed till the batter is smooth, scrape the bottom of the bowl to remove any flour sitting at the base
- Pour the batter into the pan and place it in the oven
- Let it bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Remove the cake from the oven and let the pan cool for 5 minutes before removing the cake
- Run a knife on the edges of the cake to easily remove the pan
- Once the cake is removed place it on a wire rack and let it cool for 20 minutes
For the glaze
- In a small bowl whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, milk, almond extract, and salt
- You can add more milk to reach your desired consistency
- Pour the glaze over a cooled Almond Pound Cake and sprinkle sliced almonds
Tips for this recipe
- You can store the cake by refrigerating it in an airtight container
- We recommend consuming the cake within a week
- You can add your choice of fruit to the batter for a heightened palate
- Add orange zest and cranberries to the batter, and orange zest and juice to the glaze and make Cranberry and Orange Almond Pound Cake
Hot and fresh Tastefully Simple almond pound cake is ready! It’s the right amount of sweet and you can add your choice of glaze to the cake and customize it.
Have you ever wondered why it was called the ‘pound’ cake? The Pound Cake originated in Northern Europe around the 1700s; the original recipe was 1 pound of each ingredient; sugar, flour, butter, and eggs. The recipe was made to feed multiple families and has since changed greatly since then. However, nowadays, people prefer fewer ingredients and lighter cakes.
Recipes to Enjoy With
The Almond Pound Cake is complemented well by Brown Rice Crackers, their opposing textures taste wonderful. If you’re looking to add more texture and flavor to your cake, eat them with Brown Rice Crispies. Have fun at tea time with a slice of Almond Pound Cake and a bowl of True North Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters.
The Lemon Almond Pound Cake Recipe is worth a try for a variation to this recipe. Looking for more almond-based recipes? Try these
- Almonds make a delicious addition to cakes, have a look at our Almond Cake Recipes
- Just thinking about Almond Chocolate Fudge is improving my mood
- Almond Cinnamon Cookies taste great with a tall glass of milk
- For a perfect snack, try the Almond Crunch Recipe
- A perfect combination of cakes and cookies, the Almond Frangipane Cake is simple and delicious
- Add fun to your busy days with the Almond Joy Pie Recipe
- Almond Milk Tea is the new trend imported from South East Asia
- Make homemade creamy and tasty coffee with the Almond Joy Coffee Recipe
If you give this Tastefully Simple almond pound cake copycat recipe a try, do let us know how it turned out!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.