A Tangy and Refreshing Drink; Tequila Sour!
Sours are not only for Whiskey- Tequila also jazz things up! Tequila Sour belongs to the family of Sour cocktails. It is a Mexican Cocktail made with tequila, lime, lemon, and simple syrup. Tequila Sour is said to be a mashup of a late 1920’s sour cocktail with a margarita.
It is a deliciously refreshing and sweet-tart drink- having a frothy foam topping. This delightful drink has a strong lemon-lime flavor and gives a vintage vibe! We recommend sipping Tequila slowly, as it’s a sultry yet powerful intoxicating drink.
A Classic Tequila Sour Cocktail Recipe!
Tequila Sour is just made like any other classic sour cocktail, and there are countless cocktails and margaritas made with Tequila Sour, but here we will share an amazing yet classic cocktail recipe with you- which you are going to fall in love with! So let’s learn the recipe:
A Classic Tequila Sour Cocktail Recipe!
- 4 tbsp Tequila reposado.
- 1 tbsp Lime.
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice.
- 1 Egg. White
- 2 tbsp Simple Syrup. (you can also use Agave nectar)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters.
- Lemon Wedge and Cocktail Cherry. For garnishing
- Take a Cocktail shaker. Add Tequila, lime juice, lemon juice, egg white, simple syrup, and bitters. Shake it for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add some ice to the Cocktail shaker and shake it for 25-30 seconds.
- Strain the drink in wine or any glass you want.
- Now, garnish the drink with Lemon Wedge and Cocktail Cherry.
- Optional: To give this classic drink a citrus kick, you can add a few dashes of Orange bitters.
Your flavorful Classic Tequila Cocktail is ready to be served!
How and When to Serve?
Tequila Sour is an all-rounder classic Sour drink- being both classy and laid back at the same time. Perfect to serve as;
- Cocktail hour drink
- Thanksgiving drink
- Happy hour drink
- Late-night drink
- Boys or girls night drink
You can serve this classic drink in the following ways:
- You can serve Tequila Sour in a sour glass, old-fashioned glass, or in a wine glass.
- As it is an all-rounder sour drink; it serves best as a welcome drink or along with appetizers.
- For a chilled serving glass, place it for 30 minutes in the freezer before serving. A chilled glass will make the drink more refreshing!
Want A Thick Foamy Layer In Your Drink?
We know there is a creamy and frothy foam topping on Tequila Sour, but if you want to make the frothy foam thicker so that your drink looks more presentable, then egg white is all you need! Here is a trick for you:
- We know that egg white has been used in drinks for decades because the foam of egg white adds a fun, frothy texture on top and enhances the drink’s richness and flavor. So to add a thick frothy foam layer on the top of the drink, shake the egg white with all ingredients first and don’t add ice in it. After shaking it well, add ice and again shake it properly. This trick is called Dry Shake. This trick cools down the drink and strengthens a strong foam!
So to get a thick frothy foam on the top of your drink, then does try this trick!
Must-try Recipe Recommendations
- Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Old Bay Salmon Recipe
- Cheddars Salmon Recipe
- Flaked Salmon Recipe
- Duncan Hines Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- Vegan Avocado Pasta.
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
If you are a fan of Sour drinks and love a creamy and frothy foam topping- then Tequila Sour is worth a try. Do try the amazing recipe given above, and do let us know in the comments below!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.