Whenever I go to TGI Friday’s, I always order their spinach artichoke dip. I’ve also noticed other people ordering it too. It’s a crowd pleaser so when I’m expecting guests, I make this TGIF spinach artichoke dip copycat recipe. You too can prepare it at home (even in the microwave!). It’s extremely easy and tastes just as good as the original. So, let’s begin!
This deliciously rich and lusciously creamy dip is packed with handfuls of spinach and artichokes, guaranteed to lighten up your day. With a bubbling middle and a fresh golden top, it’ll leave you wanting to lick the entire pot!
Found on every menu and at every party, this full-of-flavor savory dip works as a great appetizer and an even better game-day snack!
TGIF Spinach Artichoke Dip Copycat Recipe
- 10 oz spinach
- 14 oz artichoke, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1.5 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tomatoes, diced
- 1 piece bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (or 160 °C)
- Lightly grease a shallow casserole dish. Or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine and stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic
- Stir in the spinach and artichokes
- If using fresh spinach, steam it and blanch in ice water
- Then, squeeze out the liquid, chop, and add it to the mixture
- Pour the combined mixture into the prepared casserole dish and spread evenly
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top turns crisp golden and the middle becomes bubbly
- Alternatively, you can also heat in a microwave on high for a few minutes
- Let the dip sit for a minute and then serve warm
Tips for this recipe
- The cheese and cream can be high in calories and can be substituted for healthier options, such as Greek yogurt
- The dip can be made well ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container
- When required, let it rest at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before baking
- It can easily be reheated in the oven or in the microwave in small portions
And just like that, you’ve whipped up a mouth-watering healthy snack in no time! Treat yourself and your family to this fulfilling appetizer, made with a blend of creamy ingredients. Dip the bread ring into the cheesy, creamy spinach mixture and prepare to dazzle your taste buds!
Since ancient times, artichoke has been used due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. It was previously used to treat liver conditions and is now popular for its nutritional benefits. Artichokes are packed with powerful ingredients such as folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K. They are known to be prebiotic, supporting colon health and regulating blood pressure.
Also nutritionally dense and loaded with antioxidants is spinach. After all, it’s called a superfood for good reason. As one of the best sources of vitamin A and C, spinach is popular for its health-boosting properties.
This TGIF spinach artichoke dip recipe is a great way to sneak in all your daily veggie servings.
- Crackers to give it a fresh crunch
- Red and white tortilla chips just like at TGIF
- Some fulfilling pita chips
- Toasted baguette or a tangy bruschetta
- Chunks of bread also make great dippers
- Carrots and celery if you’re looking for a low carb option or if you simply love veggies
Some More Delicious Spinach Recipes from Our Very Own Pantry
Spinach is a super versatile food that fits right in with any and every ingredient to amp up the flavor.
- If you love spinach dips, then also try our creamy Yard House Spinach Dip and the spicy Velveeta Spinach Dip
- For a more traditional meal, try the Spinach Dal Recipe Andhra Style for dinner
- Spice it up with a fluffy Spinach Quiche or some creative Spinach Roll Ups and make your brunch even better
- Or you could simply enjoy spinach on its own with the Flash Fried Spinach Recipe