No meal is complete without a light, yummy dessert to fulfill your sweet tooth. Relatable, right? Traditional almond cookies are a delight for everyone, but why not take your dessert game to the next level with a slight twist? How about a Toffee Almond Bars recipe!
All you need to do is prepare a shortbread, buttery crust, and top it off with toffee bits and almond crunch. Without further ado, let’s dive into the main recipe.
Toffee Almond Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 cup softened, unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk toffee bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Take a 13-inch pan and line it with aluminum foil
- Grease the pan with vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, caster sugar, and brown sugar
- Beat on medium to high speed until the consistency is fluffy and stiff
- Once done, use a spatula and scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl, and set it aside
- Next, pour in the eggs, almond extract, and salt and beat together on medium speed for about two minutes
- Add the unbleached flour into the egg and butter mixture and eBay for about 1.5 minutes to make sure everything is well-blended
- Pour the batter into the pan
- The batter will be sticky so use a spatula to form a smooth layer
- Bake the batter for about 12-15 minutes
- Remove the crust from the oven when the edges turn into a golden brown color
- Pour the condensed milk all over the crust and allow it to absorb for about 5 to 7 minutes
- The condensed milk has a sticky consistency so use a spatula to layer smoothly
- Next, top the crust evenly with slivered almonds and toffee bits
- You can place the pan on a wire rack to cool down the crust
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes
- Slice the crust into small square shapes bars
- Munch away!
If you relish Hershey’s toffee almond bars, you might want to make similar ones at home. These gooey bars are a variation of the almond fudge but with an addition of a cookie crust. They have one thing in common though, they’re all super delicious!
Almonds are a Superfood!
Did you know almonds contain higher amounts of calcium as compared to normal cow milk? No wonder many people are now switching to almond milk.
It’s vegan friendly, light on the stomach, and perfect for people who are lactose-intolerant.
All in all, almonds are one of the best dry fruits to nourish your hair, skin, and body. You can have a few of them as a snack or include them in your cereals and smoothies.
More Almond Dessert Recipes
Take your custard to the next level by serving it with fruity jelly. If you’re looking for gluten-free options, just switch to gluten-free cornflour.
Almond burfi is another Indian delicacy you must try! The scent of cardamom combined with almond flour and pistachios melts away in your mouth within seconds. This dessert is a must-have for festive occasions.
Fancy something like chocolate eclairs? Try out cheesecake almond cones. The baked cones are filled with cheesecake filling. They’re the perfect treat for a birthday party!
Ever had the Swedish Almond cake while window shopping in IKEA? Well, make yours at home. It takes a bit longer to prepare but it’s totally worth it! Just whip up the golden cream, bake the crust and enjoy to your heart’s content. Additionally, pair it up with a wholesome almond milkshake for a boost of energy.
Chocolate Almond Croissants always go well with tea or coffee. Talking about coffees, try adding a tablespoon of almond creamer to make it fluffy and flavorful. The hint of flavor will make you want more and more!
If you’re running errands and need a quick sugar rush, go for Almond Tortini with a second thought! It’s easy to prepare and full of cream, nuts, and cherries. You can also add almond cream to make it more nutritious.
And that is it, that’s all about almonds. Whether it’s sweet or savory, almonds are versatile and can be used in any form you like. Try out the toffee almond bars recipe and let us know how it turned out!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.