Are you a vegan burger fan? Me too! Take a look at this vegan burger. Ever seen any burger so delicious as this? For real, this tofu burger is everything you have always craved for in a burger.
It’s a perfect combination of tofu, mushrooms, and your favorite veggies.
Let’s make this recipe!
Tofu burgers with mushrooms and beans
- 250 g tofu
- 50 g mushrooms
- 50 g red beans
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Tomato sauce
- Salad to taste, I used baby spinach and onion rings
- Burger buns
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp water
- Heat a frying pan, add oil and sauté the onion and garlic for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the onion has softened and browned, add the shredded tofu, mushrooms and beans. Also add water and fry until the mushrooms are completely softened.
- Add spices, parsley, salt and pepper and mix everything.
- You can add oil, if necessary. Then remove this mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Using a fork or kneader, mash and combine all the ingredients in a pan until they are completely combined (if you find it easier you can use a blender).
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute ingredients, baking powder, olive oil with lukewarm water and mix. This will serve as a blending agent for the mixture.
- After that it is necessary to add the mixture to replace the eggs and mix everything together until it is completely combined.
- Once you get a fine mixture it’s time for the spices. Add parsley, salt and pepper as desired, depending on how spicy you want your vegan burgers to be.
- Shape the mixture into small round burgers, about two and a half inches thick. Bake them in a little oil, on each side for about three minutes until they turn brown.
- Mix vegan mayonnaise and tomato sauce and prepare a burger bun.
- Arrange the burgers, cut the burger bun into two pieces, place the vegan burger, apply the spread, then put the baby spinach and onion and cover the burger.
- With the burger you can serve fries, French fries, cherry tomatoes or whatever goes well with this perfectly delicious vegan burger.
This delicious tofu burger with mushroom and beans recipe is all the proof you need that meats aren’t really necessary to get a delicious burger. This protein-packed meal is the perfect dinner option. Smother in a delicious “secret sauce” for an epic plant-based burger!
Tofu is a great substitute for meat, especially when you use the right spices. It is also a good source of protein, calcium and contains all the necessary essential amino acids.
For this recipe, I used mushrooms because they have a similar taste and texture to meat. The mushroom gave this recipe a superb flavor and irresistible taste!
Also, the beans gave this recipe a creamy texture. Beans have a high level of fiber and proteins just like Tofu.
If you want to explore, you can include chickpeas, lentils, tempeh, and quinoa in this recipe.
How do I make veggie burgers stick
Follow these easy steps to make perfect burgers that stick:
- If your burger mixture is too mushy, you can add more breadcrumbs or flax seeds.
- Adding eggs or cheese to your burgers helps them stick more.
- Press the tofu. It’s important to get as much liquid as you can out of the Tofu.
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to get it ready.
- Love smoothies? Try this silken tofu berry smoothie. You will love it, I promise.
- Are you a sucker for chocolates like me? Then you need to make this irresistible silken tofu and chocolate mousse pie.
- Give yourself a good treat with this silken tofu ranch dressing.
- Try this delectable silken tofu with cauliflower.
- Quick and easy to make 5-minute silken tofu scramble.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter.